Primary Objective :
Management of the assigned product family to ensure the global success of new and existing products over their entire life cycle. This is achieved by ensuring that the products meet market needs now and in the future and by maximizing customer satisfaction while achieving the product goals for growth, profitability, quality, and market share, consistent with business unit's objectives and strategies.
1. Direct product development strategy making decisions on product development, solutions, aftermarket and service offerings that meet market needs. Create new product development business case and justification. Define key product benefits and value proposition. Lead the cross-functional creation of the annual product development (R&D) and maintenance (CE) proposals and budgets. Initiate R&D projects and lead these projects through the stage-gate process.
2. Define market requirements for the product by obtaining customer input, performing competitive analysis, and determining market pricing. Identify product development targets including market pricing, cost, performance, quality, lead time, serviceability, ability to upgrade, and manufacturability. Set product performance, cost, and lead time targets to meet customer expectations. Collaborate with Engineering to develop technical specifications and estimates. Determine the opportunity and need for patent, copyright and trade name considerations, and coordinate with Engineering, Marketing Services and Legal to protect MTS’ intellectual property.
3. Create and maintain product plans and implement them according to defined product line roadmaps and identified aftermarket strategies over the entire life cycle. Manage product line performance to achieve business objectives of growth and profitability. Manage the trade-offs between product cost, performance, and quality to optimize the financial potential of the product in the market place considering customer requirements, time to market, and value. Create and maintain product forecasts. Define expectations and requirements for customer support and customer service. Collaborate with service operations to implement global service strategy for product line.
4. Define product launch strategy and set objectives for product launch. Work with Marketing Services on execution of plans and decisions. Develop and conduct sales readiness training to prepare channel to support new product introduction and meet launch objectives. Measure product launch effectiveness. Define product messaging including target customers and applications, product positioning, and competitive environment.
5. Develop and implement pricing for product offerings. Develop promotional pricing strategies. Configure internal pricing tools and systems. Manage pricing to achieve business objectives over the entire life cycle. Monitor product price performance.
6. Respond to and solve customer product problems. Champion customer quality problems. Monitor customer experiences and advocate on their behalf. Identify and document global trends in customer feedback and prioritize action plans. Identify role for key customers in product development and Voice of Customer to engage influential thought leaders and develop relationships.
7. Enable Selling by identifying target markets and customer types to focus their efforts on optimizing return on sales investment. Collaborate with Selling on creation of sales strategy for key pursuits. Support lead generation activities and programs. Develop sales tools and content for outbound marketing efforts. Support Marketing Services on execution of marketing plans
8. Support strategic planning, market planning and execution. Provide perspective on key market trends to support annual strategic planning activity. Identify alignment of product strategy to market competitive strategy. Support Market Management in creation of market plan and prioritize product investments to match market plan objectives.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Minimum 7 years relevant engineering or marketing experience.
Experience or education should include business and marketing.
Knowledge of assigned product family; features/performance/benefits.
Knowledge of competitive products and customer applications.
Knowledge of the sales process.
Marketing experience; product positioning, value proposition, portfolio analysis and management of the product lifecycle.
Excellent written and communication skills.
Presentation skills and ability to interface and work directly with customers.
Ability to build relationships, lead cross functional teams and build consensus among diverse stake-holders.
Problem solving ability and analytical business skills.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 2 years ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...