"ARGO is the leading software provider of solutions for the financial services industry. Today, our customers come from all parts of the financial services world—from the nation's largest banks to community-centered credit originators and processors. Over 40 of the nation's top financial institutions use ARGO solutions to process more than 65 million transactions in 35,000 financial centers each day. Financial institutions depend on ARGO because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Come join ARGO and let your ingenious ideas be heard. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the financial institutions do business.
BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
A Product Manager participates in product innovation, supports customer and compliance needs, and stays current with technology trends. This position is highly collaborative, engaging multiple levels and departments within ARGO. The Product Manger works with user groups on identification of future opportunities and contributes to requirements and quality control segments of the software manufacturing process.
The Product Manager has high customer contact and must have credibility with customers ranging from end users to senior management. The position works directly with customers to communicate value to market, ensure implementation success, and build relationships with key customer managers.
Product Managers will have increasing levels of responsibility to provide direction and/or support relative to product design, enhancement, research, pricing/fees/profitability, life-cycle management, implementation, analysis, reporting, and performance. The incumbent will have responsibility for managing projects assigned relative to both new and existing products and services.
Product Manager is able to work on existing products and product related projects of moderate complexity. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy. Job duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Monitors existing products and programs and recommends pricing, strategies, new products, or enhancements to senior managers based on product research and analyses.
• Conducts product research and analyses of problems with and enhancements to existing products, pricing, promotion/positioning channel of distribution, and/or procedures that will increase sales.
• Conducts in-depth analyses of customer needs, industry competition, market share, market conditions. Solicits feedback from the field salespeople relative to operational, legal and compliance requirements, opportunities and/or constraints.
• Collaborates with key business partners, including Project Management, Business Analysts, Sales, Development and other Implementation partners, to ensure that needs are met.
• Communicates product development requirement through complete written business requirements definition and conceptual design packets.
• Participates on project teams in accordance with Argo PMLC and SDLC standards through the creation of new and the assessment and enhancement of existing products, in order to support business objectives and contribute to increased profitability and market share.
• Participate in project status, product scope, and knowledge transfer sessions with internal and external project team members, providing project implementation support, facilitating requirements gathering and approval processes, and defining and maintaining scope documents and agendas.
• Assists with developing communications and group presentations for product enhancements, new products and sales presentations.
• Conducts preliminary review of product marketing materials and collateral. Works with Sales and Development to design Business Use Case based Product Demonstrations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• 2 – 3 years experience of related Product Management
• 25% travel required
• General knowledge of retail banking functions
• Software requirements gathering experience
• Test Plan and Test case development and execution
• Troubleshooting / support experience
• Strong communication skills
o Ability to effectively demonstrate applications and best practices
o Ability to interact with all customer levels - from end users to management
o Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documentation and design specifications.
• Leadership skills - Ability to direct, motivate and manage team members in a collaborative / team environment without direct report authority
• Familiarity with ARGO products and services offered in consumer and commercial finance industry markets, industry competition, market share, and market conditions.
• Experience with MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project, etc, including creating documents and presentations for internal and external management.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Social Science or related field is required for the position.
ARGO Data Resource Corporation - 18 months ago