Responsible for world-wide strategic marketing for Vapotherm sleep disordered breathing products used in the Home Care setting. Responsible for all inbound and outbound marketing activities including market research, product positioning, creation of sales support and training materials and generating and implementing marketing plans. Works closely and cooperatively with Sales, Clinical, R&D, Production and Regulatory.
• Assures product is positioned correctly in the market place and that the value proposition is clearly and effectively communicated. Works with marketing communication to assure high quality collateral, messaging, sales tools and trade show presence
• Brings market input to the development and sustaining R&D process and assures that the final product meets the customer needs including development of specifications, management of human factors design and monitoring of product change control.
o Assure up to date manuals and labeling with assistance from clinical, technical and regulatory staff.
• Maintains relationships with key thought leaders world-wide to identify market trends. Works closely with clinical to select and manage strong clinical investigators and references, who collect good quality data for regulatory and market acceptance publish the results of their studies in peer reviewed journals and at meetings and whose institutions become reference centers for the product.
• Work closely with Education and Clinical Specialist team to assure gold excellent medical education programs and product training for all clinical stakeholders.
• Acts as the company expert on the homecare sleep disordered breathing market. Understands the market trends and market size, the customer, competing systems and companies and potential new competing technologies.
• Leads the outbound marketing effort including:
o Appropriate pricing, economic justification and reimbursement strategy
o Product promotion including sales support tools, product brochures, slide presentations, press releases, patient education materials and other product marketing collateral
• Responsible for overall P&L and works with Sales and production to assure adequate product supply
• Bachelors Degree (masters preferred)
• Ten to fifteen years experience within the medical device industry
• Five plus years experience as a Product Manager or Marketing Program Manager. Homecare, sleep disorder or respiratory experience preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, strong written and oral skills.
• Ability to lead teams and manage projects.
• Experienced in developing training materials, and making presentations to internal staff and potential and actual customers.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Computer and internet savvy including email, spreadsheets, slide creation, social networks
Vapotherm - 24 months ago