Atlassian is looking for a seasoned Product Manager for our new Atlassian Marketplace product and our ecosystem of partner add-on developers. Since launch 7 months ago Atlassian Marketplace (our 2-sided enterprise software add-on marketplace for our 24,000+ customers) has been bringing our customers and our partner developers together quickly and efficiently, and is growing revenue, add-ons, and everything fast as a result. Our ideal candidate is someone equally creative and technical with an entrepreneurial drive and spirit. The tasks at hand require driving the product strategy and roadmap of our Marketplace business and making life easier for developers through our new Plugins3-based developer frameworks. This role is all about improving the developer experience of Atlassian generally, and growing the Atlassian Marketplace with new products and features to help third party developers efficiently write add-ons (plugins and extensions) to our products and partner with us by selling them through the Atlassian Marketplace. You'll have strong technology product management skills. You'll define the roadmaps by evaluating market opportunities, analyzing Atlassian customer and Marketplace developer needs, studying industry trends, and thinking long and hard about the marketing intersection of e-commerce and technical platforms. You'll relentlessly optimize the Marketplace sales funnels, reduce customer friction throughout the process, test and re-test the marketing distribution engine you help to create. Ideally you're a big thinker. You'll probably have decent analytical skills and a detail oriented prioritizing approach. This role offers a key membership of the Atlassian Product Management team, and reports to the Group Manager of Atlassian Marketplace.
What You'll Do:
- Own and drive the strategy/direction of Atlassian's Marketplace based on a strong knowledge of trends in 2-sided enterprise software marketplaces, and a desire to think like a third-party developer at all times
- Product and technology management of the Atlassian developer ecosystem as it relates to outside developer technologies; Atlassian Marketplace, our plugin development framework (Plugins3), the Atlassian Plugin SDK, and new deployment toolkits
- Collaborate closely with the product development teams to define and deliver new products / product capabilities targeted at extending the Atlassian ecosystem, and thus Marketplace, by supporting our developers
- Build the external development community and strengthen via training, evangelism, support, and customer/partner meetings
- Assimilate feedback from customers, developers and the competitive landscape and translate it at a strategic level for incorporation into future product releases
- Work with Marketing and other cross-functional teams to help define product roll-out plans, and deliver on key content input to emphasize value props and differentiation
- Monitor and analyze competing products and perform feature/functionality analysis and benchmarking; monitor and analyze the developer ecosystem to gauge it's health and vitality
What You've done:
- Motivated, no-bullshit self-starter. Enthusiastic. Creative. Pragmatic. Analytical
- BA/BS/CS degree level education
- Minimum 2 years of product management or technical product marketing experience in a high tech company — ideally focused on developer ecosystems and/or e-commerce
- Passion for working with partner developers, growing a developer ecosystem, analyzing products, customers, and market dynamics
- Focus on optimizing and benchmarking; A/B test all the things and plan to track, measure, report, and reiterate (C candidate! Repeat!)
- Demonstrate good attention to detail and results oriented; demonstrate track record of proactively establishing and following through on commitments
- Strong blend of business acumen, technical knowledge, and strategic perspective; self-driven, and strong commitment to driving results
- Ability to drive cross-functional collaboration and build consensus without always having clear direct authority
- Previous experience as a software developer and/or dev lead is ideal
Your Dream Job
Atlassian was named one of the "2010 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work for in America," and is a terrific place to work. Great products and a fantastic reputation in business and tech have brought in over 24,000 enterprise customers globally, including NASA, Sony, and the United Nations. With offices in Sydney, San Francisco and Amsterdam we are growing fast and full of opportunities.
We are building a different kind of software company: one that listens to client needs, values innovation and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. At Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on millions of users, fast! You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision making, because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions, we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
Love Going To Work?
We live our values and we value our people. You will work in an open-plan office filled with lots of natural light and a customized, ergonomic work station. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open, collaborative and playful. Maybe you'd like to participate in a lunchtime basketball game? Or would you rather head out for some rock climbing? If hunger strikes, head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit, snacks and more. We know that people work harder when they play hard too, so it's your choice how you'll make Atlassian a great place for you to work.
In addition to some killer perks, Atlassian offers excellent health benefits for employees and dependents, ample time off, 401(k), life insurance, huge referral bonuses, friendly coworkers, and a clear vision driven by pure intentions. Check out a short video created by Atlassian staff on our values.
" I love that Atlassians are killer smart, have amazing ideas that they love to share, . . . challenge the status quo on a daily basis, and are dedicated to making Atlassian the best place to work ever ." - Julie Rogers, Talent Team
Still interested? Find out how to get a job at Atlassian
(If this job isn't for you but you think Atlassian might be, let us know who you are and why you think you belong here. We will always consider outstanding individuals with the talent, ideas and passion to make a significant contribution to our team. Or maybe you know someone who is a great fit for this job? Check out our Refer-a-Mate program , which could net you a plane ticket or cash.)
Atlassian - 19 months ago