Develops markets by identifying potential products, working out specifications and timetables with Product Development, initiating test markets, and developing marketing and pricing strategies.
- Determines customers’ needs and desires and product pricing by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present product lines by appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging change.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitor’s products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains market share by analyzing correct market and sales data.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field sales people and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses, and answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Works with sales management to formulate product sales and marketing strategies.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume, and costing special and customized orders.
- The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Other activities may be assigned as required by management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter able to work well within the team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Proficient knowledge in the use of software packages for work processing, spreadsheets, and project scheduling.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing
- MBA Preferred
- 3-4 years marketing/sales experience in medical related fields.