KCP&L, a wholly owned subsidiary of Great Plains Energy Incorporated, is a leading regulated provider of energy-related products and services for homes, businesses, industries, and municipalities in the Kansas City metropolitan area and surrounding region.
Education & Experience
This position requires a Bachelor¿s degree in business administration, marketing, economics, engineering or a related discipline. Master¿s degree preferred. Thorough knowledge of brand and product marketing concepts and tools. Six (6) to eight (8) years of related product sales, brand marketing and new product development experience, or equivalent. Five (5) years of program or project management experience a plus. Experience in marketing strategy, ROI, vendor and partner management, and P&L budget responsibility highly desirable. Experience leading and managing cross functional teams. Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize multiple data sources to gain insights and develop action plans, as well as an ability to execute against plans with excellence. Excellent leadership and people management skills, honed through experience of managing all marketing roles. Exceptional communication skills, written and oral, both internally and externally. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications. Understanding of electric utility operations and pricing/rates a plus. Track record of creative thinking and problem solving, as well as an ability to deliver successful, innovative programs to market.
Demonstrable skills in leading people and projects while coordinating activities through a diverse group of people. Level-headed problem solver with professional and service-oriented attitude and a strong orientation toward delivering superior results. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, managers, clients, and customers.
Special Background, Experience
* Performs all facets of marketing including, full rollout of new products, promotional campaigns, process development and documentation, contract administration and negotiation, channel management and general product management, including life cycle analysis, for complex technical programs, products and services.
* Ensures corporate success in existing energy markets by anticipating customers¿ needs and providing logical, consistent, relevant products, services and programs that address specific market segments, are financially beneficial to the Company, and differentiate the Company internally and externally as a customer-driven organization.
* Develops solutions for customers, utilizing internal capabilities and partnerships with external vendors. Implements these products and services in a manner that is competitive yet profitable for the company.
* Develops, maintains and manages relationships with trade allies, provides support for their participation in our programs and their and KCP&L¿s mutual success.
* Performs analysis on complex problems and projects and recommends solutions based on basic economic, accounting, statistical, engineering or marketing knowledge, techniques and procedures.
* Ensures that costs are effectively managed by establishing and monitoring budgets, goals, and organizational structure.
* Is a key resource in the development of KCP&L¿s demand side program planning process and integrated resource planning process, and conducts cost benefit analysis of energy efficiency programs.
* Works closely with internal departments to develop and prepare resource planning regulatory reports.
* Conducts energy market research as related to national demand-side management programs and identifies industry best practices for implementation in new programs.
* Serves as a technical resource by counseling with others both within and outside the company regarding new technologies, changing regulations or highly complex business problems.
* Contributes to the effectiveness of company operations by keeping abreast of industry and regulatory changes. Establishes business objectives to meet the changing environment and establishes professional relationships with regulators, key customers, other public entities, vendors and consultants.
Brief Description of Duties
Responsible for the overall implementation and management of selected new products, programs, or services and/or improvement of existing products, programs or services within Energy Solutions for residential and/or commercial customers. Directs the development of new programs and the re-design of existing programs to better serve customer needs and meet Company objectives. Develops innovative programs that help the Company maintain its position as a leader in energy product design. Manages large-scale multi-year program budgets and is the primary contact for outside vendor and sub-contractor relationships, including any local vendor presence to ensure program progress is on schedule and within prescribed budget. Manages performance and profitability and prepares monthly reports for upper management.
Reviews and analyzes vendor proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures. Submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and recommends allocation of funds from department budget.
Evaluates utility company incentives and project economics, and writes scope of work for new energy efficiency projects and develops strategy and implementation plans for marketing.
Identifies market knowledge gaps, designs research strategy, interprets results and incorporates into market and product strategy. Oversees market research firms validating final program effectiveness. Stays current on energy efficiency technologies and other related trends and incorporates them into KPC&L capabilities where cost effective and appropriate to increase customer satisfaction. Directly accountable for, and manages and reports on, margin and cost effectiveness of assigned product lines.
By submitting your application, you certify that all the information provided in this application is true to the best of your knowledge and belief and you understand that any material misrepresentation, omission, or falsification of any information provided on this application, or any other documents submitted to KCP&L in the application process, if discovered at any time during your employment, will be considered grounds for immediate discharge. Any information provided is subject to verification. KCP&L is authorized to verify any of the information you have provided, and you release from any and all liability all persons or companies that provide such information. You further understand and agree that your employment is "at will" and may be terminated at any time with or without cause at either your option or that of the Company.
Great Plains Energy is sweeping the fruited plains with electric power. The holding company serves about 823,200 electricity customers in...