We are currently seeking Product Managers to work in the State Management department of Kemper Preferred in either Jacksonville, Florida or Folsom, CA. Alternative Work Arrangements may be considered. These positions focus on both personal lines home and auto insurance products.
Why should you apply?
Immediate P& L Responsibility:
You will drive the profit and growth for personal lines home and auto insurance business in your own assigned states. Further, you will help formulate and implement strategies to drive success in your state.
Influence and Intimacy of a Smaller but Well Established Company:
At Kemper Preferred you can truly make a difference; you will have a seat at the table and the ability to influence product design, business strategy, and underwriting philosophy. Moreover, the Kemper brand is well established in the industry.
You will work with a team of professionals with experience from across the industry and across the country, as well as individuals who began and grew their careers here at Kemper. Additionally, as a Product Manager you will not only work with a great team in Florida, but you will get the chance to mentor, train and develop team members as they grow in their careers.
Though we are flexible on location, and may consider alternative work arrangements, our Jacksonville and Folsom offices are emerging communities where you can plant roots. In fact, Forbes listed both cities among their top 200 places best for business and careers.
• Develops and implements underwriting, pricing, and product recommendations to support profitability and growth goals for assigned states.
• Analyze internal and external data to identify marketing, underwriting and product opportunities.
• Work closely with our field sales organization, marketing, and underwriting to develop deep local market knowledge and leverage that knowledge to create and execute winning strategies in your state(s).
• Develop rate review proposals and work with State management leadership and regulators to get them approved.
• You will develop the operating and strategic plans for your state and be accountable for delivering on your commitments, our state(s).
• Be an advocate for your state and a master of the data, use it to drive decisions and, when it makes sense, use it to suggest alternatives.
• Works with the Forms Specialist to coordinate internal and external communication regarding rate, rule, and form revisions.
• Provides materials, expertise, and support to regional product management personnel in analysis and interpretation of statistical information.
• Ensures that latest data is available for Regional Product Manager and assures pricing packages, and routine studies are available on time for their review.
• Manages regional pricing target achievement through the analysis development, preparation, approval and successful implementation in accordance with established schedules.
• Five or more years Personal Lines experience as a Product Manager, Product Analyst, Pricing Analyst, Actuary, or the equivalent.
• Current insurance product experience managing a state (California or New York a plus).
• Strong computer spreadsheet and database skills: Access, Excel, and FoxPro.
• Strategic analysis, pricing or product planning experience a plus.
• Current personal lines property or auto insurance experience.
•Working knowledge of fundamental statistical and actuarial process.
• Must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of rate making techniques.
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of information behind accident year estimates.
•On the job experience analyzing data and developing strategic recommendations.
• Successful completion of some parts of the CPCU or actuarial exams is preferred, but not required
•Education equivalent to graduation from college with specific course work in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, finance, insurance or the equivalent in related work experience.
Apply Online : https://www9.ultirecruit.com/UNI1042/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1541
Kemper Corporation’s Property and Casualty Insurance Group is made up of Kemper Preferred and Kemper Specialty, which sell personal lines and commercial auto insurance through a network of independent agents; and Kemper Direct, which sells personal auto and homeowners insurance directly to consumers.
This group represents 73% of Kemper’s $2.5 billion of annual insurance premiums.
Our employees enjoy great Benefits
•Choice of healthcare plans
•Choice of dental plans
•Flexible paid time off program
•Business casual dress
•401(k) with matching
•Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
•Employee referral bonuses
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- 2 years ago - save job