Product Manager - Wealth Products
Business Unit Overview:
John Hancock Financial Network (JHFN), the distribution system of John Hancock, is a national network of independent firms with over 350 registered offices and approximately 1,900 financial representatives throughout the United States. The foundation of the company is based on the reputation of the John Hancock name, the products and services that we offer, and the network of experienced financial professionals around the country whose expertise provides clients with guidance across many disciplines. These elite firms are part of a national network of entrepreneurial leaders who have the power to build their business their own way.
The Product Manager is responsible for implementing JHFN due diligence policies and procedures across various Wealth product lines, including Mutual Funds, Variable and Fixed Annuities and Retirement Plans.
- Conduct analysis and due diligence on various investment products, including both proprietary and non-proprietary mutual funds, variable and fixed annuities, and retirement plans.
- Manage product implementation of new products and enhancements to existing products offered through the JHFN Wealth platform.
- Document initial and on-going due diligence findings.
- Maintain knowledge of a wide array of Wealth products and their design, complexities, and product distribution outlets.
- Ensure a competitive product platform by monitoring competition and client needs.
- Acts as an investment product resource for all facets of the Wealth product platform.
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife Financial
- At least 5 years of experience in the investment industry in a retail product development/management role.
- Series 7 highly preferred or can be obtained within 3 months of hire.
- Working knowledge of registered investments, mutual funds, variable and fixed annuities, and retirement plans distribution and trends.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets, investment analytics and packaged investment solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present to senior management and large groups of financial representatives.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in a broker dealer operations is a plus.
John Hancock Financial is a division of Manulife Financial, a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Operating as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States, the Company offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners. Funds under management by Manulife Financial and its subsidiaries were C$532 billion (US$535 billion) as at December 31, 2012. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife Financial can be found on the Internet at
The John Hancock unit, through its insurance companies, comprises one of the largest life insurers in the United States. John Hancock offers a broad range of financial products and services, including
long-term care insurance
, and other forms of business insurance. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
John Hancock - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
From our humble beginnings in 1862 as a four person company formed in a single room, the name John Hancock, one of our nation's forefathers...