A Product Managers role is to manage the lifecycle of products with the objective of maximizing sales, revenues, market share and profit margins.
As Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience, market research, competitive analysis and contact with customers.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. Product Managers also spend time in the market to understand their customer, consumer and field problems, and work to find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. Product Management is a leadership role and as such, you will work with and lead cross-functional teams chartered with developing new and innovative products meeting the needs of customers while driving the profitability of the company.
You will work with marketing / communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, target customer and competitive advantages. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers as a subject matter expert.
- Managing theentire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tacticalactivities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research with internal and external customers and consumers.
- Driving asolution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering,and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product development, and positioning.
- Define the product strategy and multi-year product roadmap
- Leadership and effective communications of products and projects at all levels of the organization.
- Competitive Benchmarking and Analysis
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Knowledgeable in construction industry products / services.
- Bachelor Degree required. Focus on Management, Marketing or Finance preferred.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Associated Materials - 14 months ago