Product Manager Golf
Product Manager – Golf
reports to the Director, Marketing and Strategy and is responsible for the development and execution of business plans and marketing strategy to increase sales and market penetration for the assigned value stream.
The role of Product Value Stream Manager is to take ownership for a specific product family and drive the cross-functional efforts to develop products, grow market share, productivity and bottom line contribution. This role provides the opportunity for learning how to manage a P&L while being part of a larger team and family of products in a specific segment. Opportunities for this role also include development and mentorship of team members. This role leverages a strong background in product marketing management and experience with technical products and provides excellent career growth opportunities. The ideal candidate is bright, creative and motivated to excel. Educational requirements include a bachelor’s degree and progressively responsible product management experience with emphasis in working across functions to obtain results. Experience in gas- and/or electric-powered golf and light utility vehicles are highly preferred. The individual must possess a sense of urgency, results orientation, strong communication skills, and a mindset for continuous improvement.
E-Z-GO offers a friendly supportive work environment, excellent benefits, & strong career growth opportunities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops, plans and executes overarching Value Stream strategy and individual product strategies
- Expands and develops new channels
- Leads the development of the long-term business strategy including organic growth, acquisitive growth, and competitive position and industry dynamics within value stream.
Coordinates with top management and functional areas to lead the execution of the defined business development tasks.
- Directs marketing research efforts to identify opportunities for existing, adjacent and new markets. In coordination with each business function, this position researches, collects and consolidates all relevant market and business data to aid the division in determining future strategic direction. Define gaps in product and market presence portfolio and strategize and implement solutions.
pricing initiatives, customer partnering programs
and internal and external communications.
- Work closely with Engineering on new product development and with Sales on product positioning.
- Development of
the marketing elements of the global strategic plan including brand positioning, promotional strategies that reinforce brand positions, existing and new product development, market and competitive analysis, customer/market segment/channel selection, development of penetration plans, pricing and channel program strategies.
- Set goals and objectives for business development and customer partnering according to the E-Z-GO business strategy.
- Understand market drivers of demand and sensitivities by developing relationships and maintaining open communication with key industry contacts, distributors and dealers and customers.
- Responsible for preparation of the quarterly business reviews and the business unit strategy updates.
- Represent the company on business development activities externally and internally.
- Develop, monitor and control the department annual budgets
- Direct the CSLI (Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty Index) surveying process to address all key customer groups and channels.
- In conjunction with the Engineering organization, identify and define innovative new products that serve the needs of our customers and build brand strength into a competitive advantage insuring it is alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Manage marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, trade shows, product & service bulletins and website design and content.
- Responsible for adherence to Corporate and Divisional policies and practices.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Requires experience working within a broad range of industries designing, developing and implementing strategic business plans,
- Proven track record of delivering business growth and understanding tactical application of marketing tools
- Experience with both direct sales and dealer channel marketing and sales
- Strong expertise in developing marketing plans and competitive analysis
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop people.
- Experience in a matrix reporting structure preferred.
- Can quickly establish and maintain personal credibility and work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be capable of effectively, independently, and professionally representing E-Z-GO to customers, business partners, and other external parties.
- Must be able to influence and direct others without having formal authority.
- Must be able to manage several projects and determine priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to interact effectively with various levels of the organization.
- International exposure and experience strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Strong customer focus, analytic ability and mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong bias toward execution
BA/BS in Marketing, Business or Economics. MBA preferred.
Experience working internationally and foreign language ability is a plus.
10+ years experience.
Textron is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D)
E-Z-GO is a Division of Textron
Mar 25, 2013, 10:56:30 AM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.