Position title: Product Manager and Sales/Marketing
Reports to: VP Sales and Marketing
Location: Alexandria, MN
FLSA code: Exempt
Plans and organizes product line to meet SunOpta’s market and sales objectives. Responsible for customer needs, coordinating with technical services, operations/warehousing, and sales staff of SunOpta Grains & Foods Group division by performing the following duties.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Drive sales of all SunOpta products by developing, identifying, and securing relevant opportunities.
- Participates in overall product strategy and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Responsible for collaborating on development of advertising, promotional, and showcasing responsible product line.
- Train coworkers on product line knowledge, competitive analysis, and information systems. Provide supporting reports.
- Grow and maintain existing customer relationships through pro-active sales and calling activities.
- Manages inventory based on customer demands and anticipated needs.
- Collaborates to establish pricing of product line to increase the profitability of existing products and new products.
- Conducts marketing analysis to develop product definitions.
- Support sales staff in efforts to gain and retain customers.
- Collaborate to define the go-to-market strategy, product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
- Receive and process orders including confirmation. Provide information, including estimates of timing for shipments, regarding orders to customers, processors, and employees in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide created documents requested with shipments to customers.
- Manages quote creation, order processing, and day-to-day customer requests of designated accounts.
- Confer with sales and marketing departments to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business in efforts to gain and retain customers through prospecting, coordinating preparation of trade shows, and attending some trade shows and customer visits.
- Facilitate the smooth and accurate flow of communication, information, and documentation required by the customer from within the organization and between various departments.
- Cooperate with and assist your fellow SunOpta employees to successfully carry out SunOpta’s business.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Four year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SunOpta Inc. - 9 months ago