The Product Manager, Clinical Applications will be responsible for managing the product marketing activities necessary for the branding, management, and commercial support of the Illumina Advantage Portfolio, a premium line of products tailored to the needs of clinical research customers.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Motivating and inspiring the Sales and Regional Marketing team through brand engagement activities
- Developing high impact sales tools that communicate a differentiated and compelling value proposition and program benefits.
- Creating and fostering a strong team spirit and assuming the role of "product champion”
- Designing, developing and implementing the brand strategy using situational analysis (ie SWOT, drivers, strategy, tactics, metrics, etc.) and monitoring implementation of marketing strategies
- Identifying portfolio gaps and derives recommendations (e.g. features, menu, workflow elements, intended use claims) to address the target market
- Partnering with Global Marketing to develop key sales collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for the Illumina Advantage portfolio
- Working collaboratively with product managers across multiple product lines to develop and maintain financial, unit forecasting, and pricing models
- Partnering with R&D, Operations, Quality, Sales and Customer Solutions organizations in a cross-functional environment to ensure successful deployment of new consumables products
- Coordinating successful relationships with key customers to ensure successful adoption and evolution of the Illumina Advantage portfolio.
Education and Experience:
- Strong technical knowledge of genomics, next generation DNA sequencing, and molecular biology products, preferably in the clinical/LDT market segment.
- Strong business skills including the ability to identify new, sustainable sources of revenue and synthesize a decisive path forward based on all available information.
- Demonstrated experience in launching products in the life sciences field is highly desired
- Experience presenting material to diverse audiences, including customers and senior management
- Experience defining product requirements and working with R&D to ensure development of products based on customer and business requirements.
- Must have experience in clinical customer interactions in either a Research, Sales, Business Development, or Marketing function
- Experience working in cross-functional teams covering various internal organizations
- Must have experience creating financial models and setting pricing policies to achieve market share objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree; PhD and/or MBA desirable but not required
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in marketing, product management, business development or strategy role in the clinical diagnostics or related industry required.
- Willing to travel up to 25%
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 6 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...