Recommind has just been recognized as one of the “World’s Ten Most Innovative Companies in Big Data” by Fast Company and as one of the “Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times. Our technology is sophisticated, but our mission is simple: to help organizations manage and leverage their information. By focusing on the rapidly growing volumes of unstructured information they create every day, we enable our clients to unlock the value in their information assets in ways they could not before. We do this by building enterprise applications on CORE, our very powerful unstructured data management and analytics platform.
We are looking to bring on-board a talented Product Manager to help bring to market our next generation of big-data products and services. This requires someone who has a strong understanding of technology, solid project management skills and good strategic acumen. The successful candidate will demonstrate passion for the product, combined with domain expertise in eDiscovery.
As Product Manager, you will guide the team charged with the Axcelerate Review and Analysis product line, Recommind’s industry-leading eDiscovery Review software application. Your responsibility will extend from improving and evolving existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision combined with the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must possess outstanding communication and people skills that will allow you to successfully collaborate with various parts of the organization, from R&D to Hosting / Services, Sales and Marketing.
You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, frequently working with the sales team and key customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acquiring detailed knowledge of Recommind’s platform in order to help design and refine our eDiscovery software and helping strategize over the best way to gain visibility with potential clients and shape our value proposition to them
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Working with the R&D and service organizations to deliver on those requirements following an agreed upon roadmap
- Supporting the company’s go-to-market plan, and rolling-out the Recommind eDiscovery software to the field and to our sales organization
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
Education, Experience and Key Competencies
This position can be based out of our San Francisco or Boston office, or can be done remotely.
- eDiscovery experience is a must, either at a software vendor, a practitioner, or as support staff in a litigation firm
- Experience in software marketing / product management preferred
- Passionate about products and the opportunity to make a difference in people’s life through the use of technology
- Knowledgeable in technology and computer software
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- A positive attitude and the ability to interact with senior professionals
- Experience in designing and developing products
- Experience with operations in a tier-1 cloud company
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (25%).
- BA or BS degree required
Recommind values innovation, intelligence and integrity and rewards strong performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, great work-life balance (4 weeks of PTO per year) and a culture that is fast-paced, collaborative and fun. If you are interested in making an immediate impact on a fast growing company, we invite you to apply today.
Recommind, Inc. is the leader in predictive information management and analysis software, delivering search-powered business applications that transform the way enterprises, government entities and law firms conduct eDiscovery, enterprise search, and information governance. Recommind’s solutions automatically accesses, organizes and analyzes large volumes of information in context from myriad sources. Recommind customers include AstraZeneca, BMW, Clifford Chance, DuPont, Marathon Oil, Morgan Lewis, US Department of Energy (DOE), White & Case, and Wilmer Hale. Recommind is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Boston, New York, Sydney, London and Bonn, Germany. For more information, go to www.recommind.com.
Recommind is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.