• Lead the development and implementation of the business unit product roadmap.
• Identify product opportunities that fill gaps and take advantage of regional customer specific needs, technology specific requirements, standards specific issues or providers of technology within the region.
• Write functional specifications, customer’s value proposition and expected benefit of loss (if not implemented) of a product or application concept.
• Qualify the resources required to implement the concept and metrics to be used to measure and ensure financial success.
• Lead the implementation of the development project according to the recognized and published Phoenix Contact global standards.
• Manage the lifecycle of the product. Products range will be expanded and maintained based on market needs and lifecycle.
• Direct the engineering resources on individual approved projects.
• Develop and maintain a market and competition overview for the products managed.
• Launch products to other regional business units and subsidiaries within the business unit’s geography.
• Establish and maintain pricing strategy with discount structure to global subsidiaries.
• Manage and implement Product Notification Change process globally.
• Manage quality issues and organize and lead team tasked to resolve issues.
• Travel to industry events, customers and subsidiaries throughout the America’s region and RBU locations to obtain data and support product launches.
• Develop the subsidiary sales organization through application based training programs and joint sales efforts.
• Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field with at least 5 years of related industry experience or general college degree with at least 10 years of industry experience.
• Master of Business Administration, or at least two years of product or engineering management experience.
• Ability to lead multi disciplined teams in a product development project.
• Knowledge of project and product management procedures and the proven ability to implement them.
• In depth working knowledge of the products and technology of the business unit represented.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and presentation skills.
• Proven track record of problem solving by analyzing situation and providing recommended path forward.
• 30 to 50% travel to be expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Must be able to travel by air for trips up to 12 hours.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to ride in a car for 4 hours at a time.
• Must be able to work at a desk with a computer for up to eight hours per day.
• Must be able to sit/and or stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hours at a time).
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION: (if applicable)