We are seeking a Product Manager – CO2 Incubators for our Enfield, CT location.
Plans, organizes, and manages assigned product lines from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for current, new, and emerging products.
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and forecasts.
- Manages daily product issues and progress of Product Development projects.
- Works with Engineering to prepare product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Ability to lead product development teams, organizing tasks and keeping schedules.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company's product line.
- Conducts marketing analysis to develop product specifications and Product Briefs.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company's industry.
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Participates in cross-functional development teams in all aspects of product life cycle, including inception, development, product launch, maintenance and product phase-out.
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development as well as to distributors and sales to support current sales efforts.
- Leads and assists in creation of marketing materials and promotional items for assigned products.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Participates in key sales situations for the product.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Work in the field to assist Sales personnel and to keep abreast of the latest trends and needs in the market.
- Possesses skills including presentation and training competency.
- Must follow and enforce Company safety regulations and requirements.
- Follows ISO 9001 policies and procedures in the performance to the responsibilities of the job.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in the Life Sciences, MBA preferred.
- 2-3 yrs. experience marketing or supporting capital equipment to the Life Sciences market or other relevant experience in Life Sciences required.
- General technical expertise on heating and cooling technologies and sensor technologies.
- Experience in working with CO2 incubators (mainly mammalian cell cultures).
Excellent reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess excellent overall computer skills in all MS Office products such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, Project and Power Point.
- Experience with Internet software and an ERP platform, such as Oracle or SAP, required.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time is required.
- Traveling, lifting and demonstrating equipment are essential elements of the job.
To qualify for consideration, all applicants must submit a Cover Letter stating related experience and salary requirements. All cover letters and resumes MUST be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
You will be working in a professional environment. In return for your contributions, you will receive a competitive salary and an excellent company paid benefits package.
A sampling of our company paid benefits includes:
Eppendorf is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/V/H
- comprehensive medical
- comprehensive dental
- basic life insurance
- short and long term disability
- tuition reimbursement program
- paid vacation
- paid holidays
- paid sick and personal days
- 401k plan
- plus more!
Eppendorf AG is a leading supplier of systems and research tools for the biotechnology industry worldwide with a wide range of products...