Couchbase is at the forefront of the biggest advance in database technology in over forty years (learn more at http://www.couchbase.com/why-nosql/nosql-database ). Our solutions are specifically targeted at modern web and mobile applications. With thousands of deployments globally, Couchbase database technology powers highly-visible applications including those at AOL, Deutsche Post, NTT Docomo, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. This is your opportunity to be part of introducing this change to the world. As a part of this change, we are looking for a strong technical Product Marketing Manager, as part of the Couchbase Product Management team. You will be responsible for hands-on content generation (writing!) and the development/management of technical product marketing materials (data sheets, white papers, technical briefs and product landing pages) and other content to support/enable sales, educate customers and influence the NoSQL community.
- Content creation and ownership of product pages on website
- Design and production of technical marketing and sales collateral
- Authoring white papers, customer case studies, technical briefs, product blogs and other technical documents
- Development of sales and sales engineering training materials like data sheets, sales playbooks and sales presentations
- Responsible for positioning of product features
- Blogging and tweeting about Couchbase and NoSQL technology
- Coordinating Community content generation with the Technical Evangelists and Developer Advocates
- Must have experience with the creation of white papers, technical briefs, data sheets and other sales enablement material (writing samples will be required)
- 3+ years highly-focused technical product marketing experience in a fast-paced technology company
- Excellent communication skills are a must! This includes clear crisp communications, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience in a technical start-up is highly desired
- Good understanding of database technology, distributed systems and scaling applications, and will ideally have prior experience marketing to developers in the web application space.
- Understanding of non-relational database is a plus
- Collaborative team player with demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams
- BS in CS or related discipline required; MS degree and some background as a developer preferred
Couchbase - 23 months ago