Posting Title Product Marketing Manager - vCloud Suite About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Job Description Product Marketing plays a critical role in successfully driving our products into the marketplace by understanding the current market environment and developing a strategy to drive customer awareness of the benefits of adopting VMware products and solutions. In addition to determining packaging, pricing, creating sales tools, and collateral, Product Marketing Managers use a number of outlets in order to evangelize VMware’s position in the marketplace including blogging, analyst meetings, industry events, data sheets, white papers and customer case studies. Product Marketing also works with VMware’s sales force, OEM and channel partners on positioning products and solutions, lead generation activities and helping to optimize the sales process. Product Marketing Manager for vCloud Suite may develop analyses of market size and potential, and customer buying behavior.
Responsibilities may include:
- Determine packaging and pricing to optimize revenue generation in each target market segment
- Help define the overall marketing strategy for VMware vCloud Suite and develop joint go to market with partners
- Develop appropriate positioning and messaging for different level audiences (end user, IT Manager, CXO) and for different target segments
- Perform competitive analysis, define and communicate key VMware advantages
- Create the whole spectrum of sales tools and collateral (PowerPoint presentations, datasheets, white papers, customer case studies, demos, and training materials) to communicate the value proposition of VMware’s security products and solutions to customers and partners
- Develop the sales, channel and partner strategy for products and solutions. Analyze the sales cycle and channel mix for specific products and solutions, and formulate ideas and approaches to optimize the selling process
- Work closely with corporate marketing to determine and execute lead generation, analyst relations, and public relations programs. Project-manage product launches
- Create and drive innovative initiatives to drive the fast proliferation of VMware products and solutions
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent and MBA preferred
- Approx. 3+ years work experience in product management, product marketing, or equivalent experience in the enterprise software technology industry
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking. Demonstrated ability to develop creative / non-traditional solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits. Previous experience interacting with and presenting to C-level executives
- Strong leader, self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No Requisition Number 40283BR Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...