Warner Music Group Description: With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Product Owner – DSP Product Management
Reporting to SVP DSP Product Management, Business Transformation and Information Services
High Level Job Description:
Warner Music Group (WMG) intends to implement a new Digital Services Platform to replaces the company’s existing diversity of enterprise IT platforms with a single, unified, cloud service based operating platform. Additionally, the DSP will be designed to facilitate rapid, low cost experimentation and innovation in new direct-to-artist and direct-to¬consumer services.
WMG is now seeking a Product Owner who will be responsible for understanding, prioritizing and communicating the business requirements for approved DSP projects. The Product Owner reports to the SVP DSP Product Management who oversees all product management activities for the new Digital Services Platform.
The Product Owner will be a key and integral member of the agile development team throughout the project life cycle and has final authority over all business priority and required business functionality decisions. Depending on the size of the project, the Product Owner’s responsibilities will include project leadership, gathering and prioritizing requirements, creating user stories, business process design, testing, data modeling, conversion and integration design.
This role requires a person with a strong business background and business analysis experience that can effectively translate requirements into product requirements with a focus on delivering maximum business value. Candidates for this role will need to be flexible and adaptable in order to learn and thrive within WMG’s agile development environment. Persons in this role need to be able to bridge the gap between business stakeholders and the DSP engineering teams and possess an in depth knowledge of the business goals and desired objectives of the project.
Detailed Job Description/Responsibilities:
- Provides business requirements leadership on projects
- Accessible and proactive member of agile team
- Advocates for business and aligns product functionality and priorities with constantly changing business priorities
- Business Integration
- Builds effective relationships with business stakeholders and understands business priorities and goals
- Drives business requirements gathering and translation of those requirements into a project backlog
- Works with project level stakeholders to prioritize project backlog and coordinate sprint (release) priorities
- Coordinates business issue resolution and functional clarification with business user stakeholders
- Development Integration
- Works with development team to prioritize project backlog and coordinate sprint (release) priorities
- Develops User Stories (Detailed Requirements)
- Participates in daily stand up meetings, release reviews, and retrospectives
- Quickly and effectively drives business issue resolution and functional clarifications for development team
- Drives User Acceptance Testing and communicates formal acceptance of each sprint/release
- 6-8 years business analysis and design experience.
- 2-3 years project leadership experience managing 2-3 persons
- 6-8 years’ experience working in a well-established, high caliber organization.
- Full system development life cycle experience
- Project management
- Manage teams involving 2-3+ persons
- Work effectively with and manage end user (SVP and below) expectations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Superior customer service orientation and approach
- Work effectively with business stakeholders to prioritize business requirements and resolve issues
- Work effectively with technical teams to clarify requirements and resolve issues
- Requirements Gathering
- Run requirements gathering business user sessions
- Develop user stories
- Business process documentation and design
- Testing Experience
- QA Testing experience
- Experience leading user acceptance testing
- Technical Skills:
- Use Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and similar software to effectively perform job responsibilities
- Enterprise Software Experience
- A demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and highly complex, evolving environments
- Familiarity and comfort level with agile development and operating methodologies
- Agile/Scrum product owner experience
- Experience writing SCRUM user stories
- Music Experience or Media and Entertainment experience
- Experience working with contracts and intellectual property
- Use of Agile Project Management Tool
- Bachelor’s Degree and (But not necessarily in Computer Science or related discipline)
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group - 20 months ago