Blue Diamond Growers, the world’s largest Almond processor, currently has an excellent opportunity in our Sacramento, CA facility.
We are currently seeking a candidate with HPLC experience for our Product Scientist - Chemist opening in Quality Assurance Laboratory. In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting analyses on raw materials and finished products to ensure compliance with quality standards. Creating and distributing laboratory reports associated with analyses, disposition of product and regulatory compliance. Assisting with the training and implementation of all practices and procedures associated with Food Safety, Food Security and Food Quality.
The Product Scientist – Chemist will have the following responsibilities:
- Conducts analyses on raw materials and finished food products to ensure compliance with Blue Diamond Growers quality standards, customer requirements, and US/foreign government regulations.
- Responsible for the operation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation.
- Responsible for adhering to Good Laboratory Practices. Ensures laboratory safety and complies with county hazardous waste disposal requirements.
- Meets all collaborative standards associated with laboratory proficiency programs.
- Fulfills all requirements associated with maintaining laboratory approvals/accreditations
- Helps coordinate work flow activities for QA Laboratory Technicians and General Laborers. Provides assistance with laboratory bench work as needed.
We are seeking a candidate with:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, bacteriology, or related field.
- Three - five years of applicable laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Team attitude and cooperation. Ability to relay clear and concise instructions.
- Thorough knowledge and technical proficiency in analytical chemistry, instruments and techniques including gas and liquid chromatography.
- Knowledge associated with Laboratory Information System.
- Quality, accuracy and quantity of analysis work.
- Reliability of judgments and decisions made. Possess good time management and organizational skills. Takes initiative.
- Work in a laboratory environment with hazardous chemicals and toxic materials.
- Experience working with Aflatoxin is a PLUS.
Blue Diamond Growers is an EEO/AAP/E-Verify Employer. We conduct post offer drug test and background checks on all applicants.
Blue Diamond® Growers is the world's largest tree nut processing and marketing company. Founded in 1910, the cooperative celebrated its 101st anniversary in 2011. Blue Diamond® led the development of California's almond industry from a minor domestic specialty crop to the world leader in almond production and marketing. We continue to build markets and create new products, new uses, and new opportunities for members of Blue Diamond® Growers.
Headquartered in Sacramento, California, approximately 3000 California almond growers deliver California almonds annually to their cooperative. The crop is marketed to all 50 states and more than 90 foreign countries, making almonds California's largest food export, and the sixth largest U.S. food export. The California crop is valued annually at over $2 billion dollars.
Blue Diamond Growers - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Blue Diamond Growers is one nutty business. Some 3,000 California almond growers belong to the cooperative, which is a top global player in...