An opportunity for a Product Specialist is available for the sustaining support of the valve sizing/selection/configuration software - PRV²SIZE. The person in this role will be responsible for maintaining an expert level of knowledge of relief valve sizing methodologies, the related codes, and standards and industry sizing practices. This product specialist role will be responsible for providing technical support to the sales team, field personnel, and end-user customers with non-standard sizing applications and provide technical assistance with existing software. The person in this role will work with developers on the sustaining maintenance of existing sizing programs within PMG, and assist with the strategic development of new features.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ð Recommend products to customers based on the customer's specific needs and interests, and be able to answer questions about products.
ð Analyze customer process data and functional requirements to specify valve.
ð Apply knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards to customer specifications and answer technical questions based on those standards, and ensure that products specified are in compliance.
ð Gather voice of the customer on existing sizing software in order to recommend new features for development.
ð Investigate customer complaints, bugs, and errors and provide relevant feedback and solutions.
ð Work with Software Developers to test new features for scheduled service pack releases.
ð Work with Product Engineers on the maintenance of valve configuration database.
ð Provide standard and non-standard sizing support of pressure relief valves for Technical Sales Representatives, Inside Sales Representative, Key Account Managers, Business Development Managers, Channel Partners, and End-Users.
ð Demonstrate and explain features of the sizing program and train customers in the use of the program.
ð Develop training materials for the program to be used by all customers.
ð Investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Engineering Technology (Mechanical or Chemical a plus).
- Experience sizing relief valve products in a wide range of applications - ASME Section I and Section VIII, API 520 and 521, multiphase flow, API 2000, boiler set combinations.
- Experience with pressure relief products - direct spring relief valves, high and low pressure pilot valves, and weight loaded relief valves.
- Knowledge of ASME, API, ANSI and other valve industry codes and standards.
- Excellent customer focus skills including interpersonal and communication skills are vital for this role.
- Listening and conflict management skills.
- Good organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong computer skills, attention to detail, and solid math skills are required.
- Up to 10% travel will be required.