The Product Team Manager manages all aspects of wealth, brokerage, world currency, index and commodity related products, channels and staff. Responsibility includes strategic product and project planning for these business and product lines from conception to completion and supports new product development, product management, sales and pricing strategies, and process improvement related to products, services and client experience. The Product Team Manager is directly responsible for products and services related to the line of business they support and provides solutions that drive high-value, high-quality customer service and customer experience specific to the line of business supported. These can include currency denominated CDs and Access accounts, commodity based accounts, structured products, brokerage and wealth management services, digital strategy and solutions, online trading, product usage and activation, regulatory and compliance understanding, reporting and measurement.
The role includes responsibilities to direct strategies, tactics and plans around research, development and implementation of new products, services, product features & strategies, or process solutions, and continuous monitoring and implementation of improvements to existing products, processes and services related to the line of business they support. To perform these responsibilities thereby requires the ability to organize and direct staff and cross-functional teams to achieve product objectives, and spear-head organizational discussions for effective planning and prioritization of initiatives.
This position must be equipped with subject matter expertise and the seasoned knowledge of technologies and systems to be a key contributor to bank-wide planning and strategic mapping, and effectively plan and organize strategic and tactical initiatives, in support of partners from across the organization. The candidate has a seasoned knowledge and understanding of the technologies and systems required to support the various products and is able to manage complex initiatives (large and small, often at the same time).
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Requirements)
- Obtains and analyzes competitive and consumer research to identify consumer needs and market opportunities, support sales objectives, and division or line of business plans
- Develop fact-based persuasive business cases
- Identification of legal, technical, operational, marketing, compliance or other related requirements of products or services and ability to influence necessary outcomes across functional areas
- Participation in, or development of, business process efficiencies, customer needs-based assessment, business requirements definition, user-flow design, user acceptance testing
- Development or oversight of metrics and proformas
- Setting and implementing plans related to products, such as marketing communications, PR strategy, training and customer service team to ensure a successful product launch
- Lead the overall planning process for new product, features and initiatives;
- Leads cross-functional teams to establish consensus and prioritizes and obtain objectives
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the competitive environment related to products and services and develop strategies to sustain and grow EverBank’s competitive position;
- Work with business areas, such as sales, web development, marketing, risk, legal, compliance, and operations to evaluate, scope and implement initiatives;
- Oversight or performance of extensive proactive research and analysis related to market trends, profitability, pricing, product positioning and sales strategy and provides recommendations that are in alignment with corporate-wide objectives.
- Responsible for all phases of product development including research and planning, development, implementation and testing/evaluation.
- Ensure management communication and agreement on priorities and initiatives;
- Collaborate with project management to ensure business functions and process management protocols are followed for timely and effective delivery of stated requirements
- Identify ways to improve planning effectiveness to maximize staff output, while minimizing total staff time required for product development, product implementation, product maintenance or sales planning or processes.
- Effectively can manage and develop staff (direct reports). Manage overall product team planning, identification of and introduction of products and services that improve the supported channels overall ability to sell, service and advise EverBank’s customers;
- Act as business sponsor for new products – identifying and assessing strategic partners, defining requirements and working closely with other functional managers through launch; defining and managing pilot and test programs from conception through launch; and providing strategic assessments regarding evolving technologies with focus on next-generation initiatives. The products and services may span lines of business and channels or may be specific to a particular channel or business line but should always be consistent with EverBank’s growth strategy;
- Manage and/or direct all documentation and planning related to a new or enhanced product or solution, including business requirement documentation, including work-flow, assessment of impact to internal and 3rd party systems.
- Coordinate business development and marketing efforts with other individuals and departments as needed;
- Act as a primary business contact for 3rd parties for enterprise e-commerce and financial product-based initiatives;
- Create financial pro formas or estimates for purposes of product assessments.
Training and Experience
- Project management skills and contract negotiation skills,
- The ability to be resourceful, think strategically, self-motivated, visionary, handle a multi-task environment, and flexibility are considered strong assets. Extensive, in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape and regulatory requirements of the designated banking product area or channel
- Ability to defend the financial or technical feasibility of the product
- Strong understanding of legal, risk and regulatory environment and guidance as it relates to the supported product or service supported, including AML, CIP, KYC, Reg-E or other related regulations for the line of business supported.
- Ability to interact in a positive, productive and encouraging way with other members of the EverBank family;
- Knowledge of specific channel supported including competitive landscape and regulatory requirements.
- Strategic decision-making abilities. Visionary thinker both innovative and analytic in the decision-making process.
- Business-level technical understanding of bank product delivery systems or platforms.
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft office software applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Customer focused.
- Proven product development / project management skills.
- Strong creative thinking/problem solving skills.
- Fast and Adaptive Learner: Ability to get up to speed on new technologies, products and/or services in short order and to assess need for implementing at EverBank.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to internal and external (3rd party) stakeholders.
- Solid finance skills; ability to direct/review P&Ls.
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge and ability to develop and review contracts, disclosures, and other processes or procedures.
- Ability to quickly gather and assess relevant data and provide recommendations to team.
- Friendly, team-oriented individual who excels in a fast-paced environment.
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
- Bachelors Degree required with 12+ years of banking or financial services industry experience or
- Masters Degree required with 10+ years of banking or financial services industry experience
- 8+ years of experience in designated banking product areas or channels
- Recent management experience
- MBA preferred, not required.
- Recent, hands-on experience rolling out new products with direct responsibility for success of the launch.
- Assessment Screening
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen – after offer of employment is extended and before start date
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Everbank - 2 years ago
EverBank Financial and its subsidiaries provide a range of financial services including banking, investment services, lending, commercial...