GOOD ENOUGH’, ISN’T GOOD ENOUGH FOR US
Are you someone who thrives on coming up with dynamic solutions that help a company grow? Do you want to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the lighting industry? Would you like to help enable a green technology that could help solve some of the world’s energy problems? If so, Cree could be the place for you. We are a fast-growing semiconductor company that is leading the LED lighting revolution and setting the stage to obsolete the incandescent light bulb through the use of energy-efficient, environmentally friendly LED lighting.
We are headquartered in Raleigh/Durham, NC; an area consistently ranked in the Top 10 Places to Live by Money Magazine and is also home to the Research Triangle Park (RTP). Raleigh was also included in Kiplinger’s Top 10 Best Cities for 2009. The RTP area was recently voted the #1 high-tech region in the country by the Silicon Valley Leadership Group and was also recognized as the #1 Best City for Jobs by Forbes magazine. RTP is home to a broad spectrum of companies -- from Fortune 100 multinational research and development operations, to university spin-outs and start-up operations. Cree’s facilities in the area are home to approximately 1600 full-time employees devoted to R&D, manufacturing, sales & marketing and other professional support roles.
Cree boasts a casual work environment, where jeans and shorts are a typical sight every day, not just on Friday. We also have an onsite fitness facility; complete with indoor track, basketball court, 3 racquet ball courts, aerobics room, free weights, machine weights and cardio machines. This facility is 100% free to our employees and their spouses, and is open Monday through Saturday. Our benefits include a quarterly bonus program, stock options, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, tuition reimbursement, and medical/vision/dental coverage.
We currently have an opening for a Process Technician within our Power and RF Product Engineering group. This position will be stationed at our facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
The Power and RF Product Engineering Team is looking for a Process Technician to provide Product Engineering support and work a 12 hour night shift schedule. Candidates should be self motivated team players that are eager to assist and learn from the Engineering team as needed. Areas of responsibility will include, but not be limited to, Photolithography, Etch, Metal deposition, Diffusion, Wet Processing, Implantation, backend processing, Test and Assembly.
- Product sustaining support. This will include, but not be limited to, tool and process qualifications, process monitoring through SPC, troubleshooting and reacting to process issues, dispositioning material, microscope/SEM/AFM inspections and many other tasks as requested by the Product Engineering and R&D team.
- Areas of concentration will include Etch, Photolithography, Metal deposition, Diffusion, Wet Processing, Implantation, backend processing, Test and Assembly for both RF and Power product lines.
- Work closely with entire team to achieve quarterly set yield and cycle time goals.
- Work closely with the Product Engineering Team and R&D to develop and qualify new processes, and new tool sets. This will include characterizing, documenting and possibly presenting data based around designed experiments.
- Report and document SPC OOC/OOS events, process issues and equipment malfunctions. Disposition non-conforming-material including the initiation of rework processes and scrap determination. Interact with Product/Process Engineers & Equipment Maintenance group to identify and resolve root cause issues.
- Project ownership with follow through to completion as assigned.
- Assist in creating new procedures, and refining previously existing ones.
- Assist in training operators and production technicians on both existing and new tool sets and processes.
- Associates degree or at least 4 years of clean room experience.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder.
- At least 3 year of semiconductor manufacturing experience.
- Able to work in clean room for extended period of time.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts in a fast paced environment on a night schedule.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Team Player
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude. “Do whatever it takes” work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have ability to work effectively and take initiative with little continuous direct supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to handle sudden changes in daily priorities.
- Proficient in reading and understanding technical documents
CREE - 10 months ago
Cree has its name in lights. Its blue, green, and near-ultraviolet light-emitting diodes (LEDs) -- made from silicon carbide (SiC) and...