The incumbent for this position has equal responsibility for customer order entry and for providing all administrative sales support to advance and fulfill sales in a timely manner meeting deadlines with accuracy and completeness. Administrative support includes, setting up new customer accounts; entering customer special policy data including special pricing, freight and packaging requirements; processing administering RMAs and customer credits and ensuring that sales department office equipment is maintained in proper operational order. Strong data entry and business administration skills are necessary. A strong proficiency in Excel is required, with preferred knowledge and ability to import customer data from Excel into our current system, Sage X3; for the purpose of updating multiple price lists and adding or updating customer contact information and special policy requirements. The incumbent must be a self-starter, work independently with minimal supervision and be highly personable and assertive while working closely with cross functional teams to ensure exceptional customer experience. This role is also expected to contribute to the continuing development of the Sales team by offering timely feedback and solutions that define, develop, and proactively resolve business issues impacting customers. Some customer contact may develop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process sales orders and follow-up paperwork which includes RMAs, Credits and Freight Claims. Perform other data entry activities.
- Follow through on all details required before, during, and after the sale.
- Manage Sage database of customers, contacts and products
- Maintain electronic customer files and account records.
- Research customer complaints and concerns regarding orders
- Assist the sales team in resolving discrepancies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A High School diploma or GED required, an Associate or Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 3+ years industry experience encompassing sales support, administration or pre-sales activities.
- Preferred industries include stair parts or associated millwork, (i.e. molding, doors or window suppliers)
- Program, project or process management experience a plus.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of customer's correspondence.
- A demonstrated track record of time management along with the ability to work in and contribute to a team oriented atmosphere.
- Experience in Sage x3 is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
PLEASE NOTE: to merit consideration, your resume must include a salary history, reasons for separating former positions and a statement of wage expectation. Resumes that exclude this required information will not be considered. We look forward to receiving your application!
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances, 401(k) savings plan, tuition aid, paid holidays/vacations, etc. To be considered, you must submit a resume with a complete salary history.
We participate in a Drug Free Safety Program for a drug-free workplace. All positions require background checks and a pre-employment drug screen.
Wage will be commensurate with experience.