For the fourth year in a row, as part of an independent survey, Sargento was voted as one of the top places to work in Southeastern Wisconsin. That's because, we hire good people and treat them like family.
At Sargento you'll be in a highly visible position in a company big enough to be a national brand leader but small enough for you to feel at home and let you make an impact.
Our rewards include a competitive compensation, bonus and benefits package and generous 401(k) and profit sharing benefits. Sargento offers its employees work-life balance and a unique, values-based culture that makes us recognized as an area employer of choice.
Our Wisconsin location offers great lifestyle and recreational options and convenient access to major metropolitan areas.
This Production Supervisor position is for our Shredded Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following daily duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
Studies production schedules and estimates work hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
Interprets company quality policies, monitors and enforces employee compliance.
Interprets specifications and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department, or work crew.
Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
Communicates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
Issues and documents discipline in accordance with the Employee Handbook.
Maintains an employee file or log book to document individual employee conversations used in the coaching process.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including the need for weekend overtime or temporary reassignment to a different shift.
Manages approximately 6 subordinate Process Technicians who oversee a total of approximately 34 employees in the Shredded Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Sargento is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1. Associate Degree required; Bachelor’s degree in operations, business, quality or related field preferred;
2. Minimum of 1 year experience in food operations, production supervision, sanitation, quality, maintenance or related experience required;
3. Strong communications and analytical skills and a management style that encourages team involvement, improved morale and continuous improvement required;
4. Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, effectively work in a fast paced environment, have strong decision making skills and use good judgment;
5. Computer proficiency required (MS Office Suite experience required), SAP experience preferred;
6. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including the need for weekend overtime or temporary reassignment to a different shift as needed.
Sargento Foods - 7 months ago