Take printed chipboard, apply glue using a machine that when completed the glued chipboard will be used on the assembly line to manufacture filters.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Load printed chipboard on wheel.
- Feed chipboard through the glue machine to another wheel at the end of glue line.
- Monitor glue process and make proper adjustments as needed to ensure good quality.
- Using a schedule, check all chipboard that was printed to be glued to make sure the correct print plate is used.
- After the glue process is complete unload finished chipboard and place on a pallet.
- Once all chipboard has been glued for one size and stacked on a pallet, the pallet is to be moved to the assembly line that is scheduled to run that size.
- Glue must be added to the machines glue pad after each roll of chipboard is glued.
- Maintain safety and housekeeping in the work area by wiping down the machine with rags, scraping off excess glue, sweeping, and removing trash. Remember to put all supplies back in proper location.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- 1+ years of related experience within a Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand the glue schedule.
- Basic math skills to keep track of chipboard glued.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Responsible for following schedule.
- Reject glued chipboard that does not meet company specifications.
- Call supervisor and inform of all services the machine may need. Supervisor will then determine if maintenance needs to be called.
Flanders Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
- Ability to carry rolls of chipboard that weigh up to 60 pounds from one location to another and lift the roll to place it on the wheel. Then remove the glued chipboard and place it on a pallet.
- Stand for long periods of time at work station during glue process.
- Walk continuously to transfer chipboard to the glue machine, from the glue line onto a pallet, then to the production floor.
- Must have the visual ability to detect defects in the glue during the process.
- Bends to lift chipboard off pallets to load glue machine. Bends to pick up buckets of glue.
- Use pallet jack to move pallets of chipboard.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to withstand a noisy, dusty environment.
- Must adhere to all company safety policies.
- Must be able to work in both hot and cold atmosphere depending on weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flanders Corporation - 2 years ago
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...