purpose of position |
Works on an assembly line putting cut pieces of fiberglass in a chipboard frame as it passes down the line.
1. Load cut pieces of fiberglass that came off the pad cutter into a chipboard frame as it passes down the line. 2. Monitor fiberglass during assembly process to ensure cut size meets specifications. Inform Media cutter if any adjustments that need to be made. 3. Assist in any and all changeovers on production schedule to minimize downtime. 4. Maintain safety and housekeeping in the work area by cleaning, sweeping, dusting, removing trash, and put all supplies back in proper location. 5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Must be able to read English. 2. Ability to follow instructions, both verbally or written.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Reject fiberglass that does not meet company specifications. Inform media cutter. 2. ’Responsible for keeping pace with the production line as it operates at different speeds. Inform supervisor of all service the line may need. When maintenance is required, the supervisor will call.
1. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. 2. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time at work station. 3. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat. 4. Must be able to use both hands and arms in repetitive motion for long periods of time. 5. Must have visual ability to detect defects in fiberglass.
1. Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment. 2. Must be able to perform duties in a noisy, dusty and sometimes not work environment. 3. Works quickly and under time constraints to complete production schedule. 4. Safety glasses are required at all times to protect against dust and fiberglass particles. 5. Wear ball cap or visor at all times. 6. Must be able to work in both hot and cold atmosphere depending on weather conditions.
1. None listed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flanders Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
Flanders Corporation - 9 months ago