The Production Accounting Manager reports to the Senior VP of Finance and is accountable for performing and maintaining various production accounting functions. This position will work with the Production Operations group to ensure that proper controls are in place and Company policies are adhered to. This position will interact with all Pac-12 Enterprises personnel, specifically the Production Operations group. The Production Accounting Manager is based in San Francisco.
- Support the Production Operations by establishing and maintaining coding & naming conventions. Manage the day to day accounting financial reporting against production budgets.
- Ensure that all productions are adhering to appropriate procedures and controls by overseeing the production accounting functions. Meet with the various production staffs to inform them of procedures.
- Prepare weekly cost reports on all productions detailing costs spent to date and estimated costs to complete compared to original budgets. Explain any necessary budget variances.
- Set up project budgets in production accounting database based on project requests from various production groups.
- Review all production invoices for proper coding and approvals before generating payment.
- Prepare credit applications for vendors and maintain vendor relationships.
- Manage the weekly Talent and Crew payroll for all in-house (Studio) productions, including the on-boarding process and instructing crew members in use of the digital timecard entry system. Ensure that all start forms and time cards are prepared accurately. Review all payroll, including payroll for sports events (Remote payroll), for accuracy before approving for final payment.
- Audit expense reimbursement requests and credit card statements for proper receipts and compliance with Company policy. Prepare the monthly reconciliation of the Production bank account. Follow up on all deposit balances outstanding or any issues that need further substantiation or clarification.
- Coordinate with the Controller to ensure alignment of the Production sub-ledger with the Primary ledger, create weekly cash flow requests for funding from the operating account, and provide documentation as needed for monthly close and audit purposes.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in production accounting
- Superior organizational skills, analytical skills, time management and prioritization abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communication; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
- Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Proficiency with VISTA5 or Global VISTA a plus
- Previous experience in Media/Entertainment/Communications industries strongly preferred.
- A proactive leader who can maximize resources in a start-up environment
Pac-12 Enterprises - 12 months ago