City: New Paris
Postal/Zip Code: 46553
Merchants Metals, a division of Oldcastle, is one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in the nation with 39 distribution locations, 5 manufacturing facilities and over 600 employees. Merchants Metals has been the contractor’s and architect’s source of quality fencing and accessories for over 50 years. Our complete line of products includes perimeter security solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
Machine Operator - Chain Link Weaving
or Aluminized Fencing Strand
Are you ready to be part of a labor force that is rewarding?
As a Merchants Metals employee you will provide operator support in a covered manufacturing environment.
A Merchants Metals Operator-Weaving Machine is responsible for the following specific job tasks:
- Operate multiple weaving machines at a fast, steady pace
- Deliver consistent quality product, packaged to meet customer expectations
- Clean machinery, maintain the surrounding area, keeping area free of debris
- Operate industrial fork truck in a safe manner
- Physical requirements include standing for long periods of time, lifting, and bending. (Lifting up to 75 lbs)
- Must be able to follow workplace safety procedures and use the personal protective equipment required for the position
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- 2nd shift openings 6pm- 6am, FT 40 hours
- Training week(s) 1st shift
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive benefits programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and advancement
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Merchants Metals is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Merchants Metals is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...