The Production Manager/Editor will be responsible for technical and creative work in the preparation of video projects and for operating computer-controlled video editing equipment and components which assemble video projects for public presentation.
The Production Manager/Video Editor must be able to do the following job functions:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to discuss video project plans with subject matter specialist, producer and director to determine the appropriate video editing.
- Must use computer-controlled video editing systems to prepare videotape for presentation.
- Must operate videotape recorders, computerized editing controllers, video switchers, color video monitors, test signal generators and related equipment, controls, and components.
- Must operate audio signal processing equipment such as equalizers, noise reducers, and audio mixing consoles and related equipment.
- Must assist with and perform associated studio production work such as operating audio, videotape machines, cameras, lighting sets, special effects, run crew, and stage management.
This is a description of the position
- Must be knowledgeable about the methods, video equipment, personal computers, and techniques used in the video editing field.
- Must know the uses, operations, and limitations of videotape editing systems and related equipment.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate ideas orally and in writing.
- Must be able to visualize production scripts and other verbal or written instructions.
- Must be able to effectively operate and maintain video editing systems and related equipment.
- First item
- Second item
- Third item