This position supervises and manages all manufacturing (production, shipping/receiving, maintenance) operations of the Houston factory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and supervises manufacturing operations and factory operators. This includes (but not limited to):
Manage the daily manufacturing activities in a manner that maximizes safety, quality and productivity.
Manage all activities associated with establishing production schedules and ensure that actual production meets scheduled requirements.
Assign daily tasks and activities to shift leaders.
Ensure that all safety and work practices are followed, and that risk and waste are minimized.
Ensure DOT Closure requirements are met.
Monitor and analyze all stages of all manufacturing processes to prevent or correct errors.
Evaluate employee's job performance and conduct job performance reviews. Conduct coaching and discipline sessions with employees when appropriate
Ensure all manufacturing employees receive relevant training to operate equipment, related to their assignments, in a safely manner.
Coordinate production operations with the requirements for finished products and the needs for materials and labor.
Optimize & streamline manufacturing processes, including the optimization of batch sizes.
Manage & coordinate the Rework Process of Finish Goods and Obsolete Raw Materials.
Ensure operating procedures are updated periodically.
Ensure housekeeping of plant and regulatory requirements are met.
- Lead, participate and contribute in Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE meetings, BBS observer, HS&E training, Near Miss & AIRI reporting, Housekeeping, 5S, Recycling, Waste Management, etc.).
- Bachelors degree with concentration in Supply Chain, Production, Operations or other related discipline plus 5 years of operations manufacturing experience. Preferable experience in production of protective coating, chemicals.
- Ability to effectively organize and present information and respond appropriately to questions from employees, managers, customers and representatives from external organizations
- Possess strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to perform various mathematical functions to include calculations involving proportion, percentage, area, and volume, and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret statistical data, and other related business information
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures
- Ability to organize, present information and respond appropriately to questions from employees, managers and customers
- High degree of attention to detail
- Customer Service skills
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend/stoop, lift, walk, kneel, crouch and climb for extended periods of time as required.
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401(k) with immediate company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Must be eligible to work in the United States. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screening required. Environmentally-responsible business. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Akzo Nobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.