Position Summary: Leads and manages production departmental activities to meet and/or exceed customer and company objectives.
- Actively participate as a strategic member of the ZF management team with a customer focused approach on safety, quality, deliver, cost and morale to ensure continuous improvement in all facets of the business.
- Manage all manufacturing/assembly activities to manufacture and produce quality parts in a cost efficient manner.
- Plan, select, design and develop manufacturing methods and processes through continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Lead/Direct/Supervise the activities of all exempt personnel and indirect support functions for up to / exceeding three hundred (300) personnel.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers to meet common goals.
- Manage the team within our production system, (Safety, ISO, QS, TS, etc.) company policies, and procedures.
- Manage the development of all employees (Exempt or Non-Exempt).
- Understand and construct relationships to develop and build teams to meet customer demands and satisfaction, solve internal process issues, and implement and monitor continuous improvement. ·
- Monitor and evaluate department's operating results in support of plant’s business plan.
- Ensure and support good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Hire, manage, develop, and evaluate department personnel.
- Budget manpower, equipment, capital and resources necessary to meet customer and company requirements and assure adherence to the approved budget.
- Establish department goals with relevant measures. Ensure corrective actions are taken for any applicable non-conformances.
- Communicate to department personnel regarding department and plant activities and issues in accordance with Company Communications Policy.
- Support and comply with established Corporate Principles.
- Ensure department is compliant with TS-16949 and ISO 14001 policies and procedures.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Bachelors Degree (preferred in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering) or ten (10) years of experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory/management experience.
- Understanding of Lean principles and responsibilities.
- Understands the application, tracking, utilization and purpose of key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Strong computer skills are required: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Project, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule daily tasks.
- Ability for travel-both domestic and foreign.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Are you interested?
- Basic German language skills.
- Responsible for / managed workforces in excess of two hundred (200) personnel.
- Minimum five years manufacturing/assembly experience preferable in the automotive industry.
- Strong skills and work experience in lean manufacturing (TPS, 5S, Continuous improvement).
- Experience with SAP, MS Project, other project management and statistical analysis software.
Please, send us your complete and comprehensive application documents and a CV (in tabular form), qualification and work certificates, state the reference code - or apply online!