Responsible for properly hanging, transferring, tagging and pricing the processed merchandise and Target soft goods. Also, responsible for the preparation of clothing for shipment to the retail stores.
· Ensure clothing is separated into specific sections as specified.
· Properly hang clothing that was processed on the conveyor belt to be prepared to send to the stores.
· Properly transfer clothing to either wire cages or hanging racks.
· Properly tag clothing with proper pricing using a tagging gun.
· Ensure proper defacing of Target labels is carried out.
· Ability to cross work between hanging, sorting, and tagging.
· Maintain excellent cleanliness of the work area and surrounding areas .
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
· High school diploma or GED equivalency preferred.
· Person must be able to be amble, ability to see, and comprehension skills.
Scope of Responsibility:
· Ability to sort and comprehend what is good clothing to be processed.
· Ability to use a tagging gun.
· Ability to transfer clothing from racks to cages to be sent to the retail stores.
· Ability to use material handling equipment, including dollies, hand trucks, pallet jacks, and others, as required.
Special Working Conditions:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, reach, lift, carry, push, pull, and etc.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to five (5) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen (15) pounds. The employee frequently is required the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· The work environment is mostly indoors. Donated goods may be at times dusty or soiled. May be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
Goodwill Industries of Greater NY and Northern NJ, Inc. - 13 months ago