Quality Controls product and conducts weigh backs and nitrogen level checks to ensure only the highest quality product is packaged. Runs packaging machine and ensures consistent high quality of UIF. Conduct routine maintenance on packaging and packaging-related equipment. Load/cut meat into jerky size strips. . Cleans and sanitizes the packaging work area and equipment. Is knowledgeable of and follows all HACCP requirements. (Federal Regulation)
- Completes, monitors and verifies all logs for procedures and processes regarding
- HACCP, SSOP and GMP.
- Ensures all product packaged meets UIF’s high quality standards.
- Conducts routine maintenance on all equipment necessary to complete packaging of all meat products.
- Operates all equipment necessary to complete packaging of all meat products.
- Responsible for packing/shipping of customer orders.
- Assist in Lab and Product Profile.
- Responsible for product weigh backs and nitrogen level checks.
- Loads, weighs and labels all products for packaging.
- Looks for cost savings and minimizes waste.
- Cuts finished products into specified size for packaging.
- Loads oven trucks with schedule meat products.
- Performs pre-operational and operational SSOP’s.
Q QUALIFICATIONS :
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Ability to read and follow directions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, discounts, percentages and proportions for practical situations.
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation - 24 months ago