Sales and Operations Planning Manager
August 11, 2011
Primarily responsible for review of finite production schedules to support customer fill rates, on time
delivery, and to maintain inventory levels in conjunction with established inventory strategies while
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
• Work with customer service to maximize customer fill rates and on time delivery.
• Communicate product shortages to customer service, distribution, marketing, and sales.
• Understand and assess production capacities for Ramsey, MN polycarbonate operating facilities.
• Collect data from molding production, update and maintain Daily Production Schedule.
• Write work orders I purchase orders to support MPS, customer fill rates and established
• Manage new product launches.
• Manage film usage and write work orders to support MPS.
• Develop and maintain a good working relationship with Ramsey shop floor, purchasing, the sales
and marketing team, distribution, quality assurance, the tooling department and customer service.
• Identify opportunities to improve current processes, increase inventory turns, decrease costs, and
improve customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Bachelor's degree preferred, plus a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 3 years experience in operations
• Customer service experience a plus
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business information
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to effectively present information to groups of peers and/or management.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
• Ability to compute ratios and percents.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
• Microsoft Office Suite, emphasis in Excel
Certificates and Licenses:
• APICS certification a plus
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Must possess very strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written. Recognizes the
importance of being an active member of a manufacturing team.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Proactively focused.
• Strong computer skills in Excel and an aptitude for learning new software programs.
• Good problem solving skills through problem identification, fact-finding, recommendation and
implementation of solutions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is conducted
both in standard office environments in which the noise level is quiet, and in the production, laboratory,
and warehousing areas of an injection molding manufacturing facility in which the noise levels are
moderate or loud. While in the facility, the employee may be near moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and
arms and talk or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Vision-Ease - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard