The Production Planner has responsibility for developing and issuing executable production schedules for assigned work centers in accordance with the established Level Load Fixed Scheduling methodology in order to meet or exceed customer service level goals. This includes verification of available capacity and material and managing assigned kanban replenishment signals. This position will set appropriate stocking levels based on production and demand. The Production Planner is responsible for researching and setting appropriate MRP signals in SAP and all planning data to optimize and simplify the planning process while maximizing the resources. The Production Planner coordinates daily with the Production Supervisors of the assigned work centers to validate or modify the production schedule and to resolve issues affecting schedule adherence and customer service level performance. The Production Planner is also the primary point of contact for all customer service inquiries and issues and is responsible for providing accurate and timely lead time estimates and order status information.
• Facility Revenue: $150M
• Dept Materials Management: ~$1.6M
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Production planning using level load fixed scheduling methodology.
• Communication and coordination with production supervisors. The production planner is accountable to schedule execution and works closely with production supervisors to ensure schedule adherence and recovery if required.
• Initiate and participate in continuous improvement activities related to production planning, customer service and inventory management.
• Liaison between customer service, production, and shipping.
• Review SAP data integrity for assigned work centers and materials.
• Participate in Lean Daily Management System (LDMS) activities and support the factory tier process as required.
• Manage and maintain inventory levels ensuring uninterrupted supply of parts while maintaining optimal inventory levels, along with ensuring customer reliability and meeting target inventory turns.
• Responsible to plan for both internal and external production resources required to support customer delivery schedules.
3-5 years material management / material requirements planning / production planning scheduling experience
LEAN implementation experience a plus
Visual Basic Application
RF technology implementation
Bachelor degree in supply chain management or business
3 years applicable experience
Strong communications and project management skills
Relevant computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, compliance software), SAP experience a plus
About Eaton's Cooper B-Line Location(s)
Highland is located approximately 30 miles east of Downtown St. Louis. The atmosphere provides the quiet quaint suburbia lifestyle with only a short drive to the city. There is plenty to keep you occupied from attending professional sporting events, exploring Forest Park, taking a ride to the top of The Arch, or wine tasting at the local vineyards. It is all here at the Gateway to the West! Come join us! http://www.highlandillinois.com/
Eaton's Cooper B-Line endeavors to make our career site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the Division Talent Management Representative at (618) 651-2025. Eaton's Cooper B-Line, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Cooper Industries - 18 months ago