Barnes Group Inc. (NYSE: |
B) is a diversified global manufacturer and logistical services company that provides precision component manufacturing and operating service support and solutions to nearly every industry around the world. With more than 60 locations on four continents worldwide, our employees deliver on our promise to our customers, ensuring exacting performance, superior support and service, and impactful results. Backed by more than 153 years of manufacturing and service excellence, we continue to build on our long-standing tradition of precision manufacturing and logistics solutions for today's most crucial applications.
Barnes Aerospace West Chester has an exciting opportunity open for a pro-active, self-starter in our production planning department. We are expanding our operations in West Chester and need an experienced professional that has a background in continuous improvement to manage workflow in a manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in depth experience that they can use in the development of a world-class aerospace component and repair provider. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Generate order status reports and maintains current dates within the system
- Organize inventory in a systematic way using the ERP system and visual management tools.
- Initiate comprehensive work schedule for assigned product lines
- Review the travel routers for jobs scheduled to ship, verify each operation properly signed off, verify the count is accurate and splits have been correctly transacted.
- Communicate effectively with all team members including, employees, buyers and customer service.
- Work with Quality department on non-conforming and problem parts to help get them released to a conforming state.
- Ship and close orders effectively to meet both the customer and business schedules.
- Know the status and inventory levels for all orders.
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent
- Two years of experience in a related position.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to all levels of management, customers and hourly employees.
- Must be able to convey, express and exchange ideas.
- High energy level required.
- Good organizational and organization skills.
- Willing to work additional hours as needed.
- Good working knowledge of MRP systems. Preferably Symix.
- APICS certification preferred.
At Barnes Group Inc. we recognize that our strength and success comes from our employees. Our business success reflects the desire to expand the diversity of our employees as well as our customers. We call upon and utilize the full potential of our diverse workforce.
Barnes Group Inc. is committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity in its personnel policies and practices. It is Barnes Group Inc.'s policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status at all job levels. All such decisions are based on (1) individual merit, qualifications, and competence as they relate to the particular position, and (2) promotion of the principle of equal employment opportunity.
All other personnel programs such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoff, return from layoff, training, education, tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
CareerBuilder - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard