Client and Sales Technology is in the process of building up its regional team in the Utah location, and transitioning the management of the team from Stamford. Connecticut to the Utah office. Having local expertise will improve team management and oversight. Additionally, this management roll will work with the team to continue to ensure quality services and turnaround time on issues being brought to the team’s attention.
Value to the business includes, but not limited to:
This is predominantly a role for someone with experience of delivering high levels of technical support and service. The candidate must be an effective team player with proven analysis skills and experience communicating with end users.
- Local, managerial presence.
- Coordination and supervision of a specific technical task or function.
- Ensures all activities are carried out in accordance with global commitments and standards.
- Supervise between 3 and 10 employees.
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination and administration of tasks by ensuring quality and productivity standards are maintained while meeting client schedules.
- Coordinates with other personnel to ensure work moves smoothly from one functional area to another.
- Works with global team to prepare work schedules and estimates.
- Ensures proper training of subordinates.
- Maintains record of changes in instructions and ensures all team members are informed of changes.
- Assigns and reviews subordinates' performance.
- Prepares performance evaluations.
- Ensures completion of administrative reporting, e.g., timecards, daily statistics, logs, and task narratives.
- Responds to client requests and questions.
- Assists with writing manuals and other documentation.
- Responsible for status and task management reports for area of responsibility.
- Sets up and manages task facilities as dictated by workload requirements.
- Aid to investigate and resolve problems including liaising with other systems teams if needed.
- Aid in carry out regular operational checks for all key systems to ensure that scheduled processes complete successfully and in a timely manner. Perform recovery actions as necessary.
- Aid in managing system incidents providing timely escalation and recovery actions, and management communication.
- Aid in providing out of hours support as well as take part in new release and disaster recovery weekend tests.
- Aid in creating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Assist Document all solutions and share information across the Client Technology Tech Support team.
- Escalation path for Systems and User issues reported by Level I Technical Support.
- Trouble shoot and resolve data related issues by working as, or with, a data remediation individual.
- Assist in Improved accuracy of data through better reconciliation and data checking.
This is a local role, and will be a part of a wider program to extend support into the U.S. region while staying within the global model.
College Undergraduate degree
- Work with business stakeholders, data analysts and DBAs to provide an enterprise infrastructure capable of delivering the analytics and reporting functionality that is essential to end users and decision-makers throughout the company.
- Works as a liaison between business clients and other technical specialists.
- May provide support, maintenance and upgrades to the supported applications, and may troubleshoot and resolve problems that might occur in the day-to-day use by end-users across the enterprise, as well as create SQL based frameworks, OLAP cube models and end-user reports.
- Review and contribute to business requirements, test plan development and execution, and release management.
- Stay current with changes to infrastructure that may impact user applications or to the user community’s business model.
- Receive, respond to, and resolve continuous inbound issues from user community.
- Provide information, instruction and resolution to technical related questions regarding the use of online, web-based applications.
- Monitor software notifications and updates released by RDBMS vendors.
- Create change requests.
- Resolve service requests.
- Manage unresolved issues.
- Maintain our issues tracking system at all times.
- Escalate unresolved issues to manager for resolution.
- Consistently communicate with Product and Program Managers, Sales and Finance staff regarding issues.
- Perform detailed data analysis and work with Business Analysts and DBAs in resolving issues, optimizing processes, and documenting requirements and other information as needed.
3-5 years Managerial Experience
At least 2 year of experience in supporting mission and time critical applications.
Knowledge of relational databases – SQL Server 2000 / 2005 / 2008. Able to query complex databases for fault finding, reporting, data extracts and problem resolution purposes.
Experience debugging SQL Server stored procedures.
Experience with SharePoint (SharePoint 2012 a plus)
Proven analysis skills and the ability to effectively liaise with other teams internally and externally.
Exposure in writing technical documents, detailing system processes and data flows.
Strong presentation development and writing skills.
Strong written and oral skills required with experience communicating with users in a high stress environment.
Familiarity with Programming and Debugging
Familiarity with CRM and sales credits systems.
Exposure to reporting systems such as SQL Reporting Services.
Familiarity with Business Intelligence reporting tools (Cognos, Business Objects, QlikView and SpotFire).
Familiarity with XML a plus.
Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio / .NET.
Exposure to Change management procedures within a large organisation.