The Production Specialist works with managers, supervisors and engineers. He/She operates various types of production equipment to meet business operational needs through supporting and meeting operational goals including safety, quality, cost (waste, efficiency and defects) and customer service.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
· Supports the achievement of company objectives, goals, strategies, and measurements.
· Support business operational needs through manufacturing KPIs which include safety, quality, cost (waste, efficiency and defects) and customer service.
· Works with production supervisors and engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
· Supports production activities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
· Complete production, quality, and operational records as required by Beech-Nut and Regulatory Agencies.
· Develop working relationships built on mutual trust and respect.
· Supports and participates in developing and implementing operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality through the Lean Process.
· Ensure plant sanitation and safety levels meet or exceed Beech-Nut, and regulatory standards.
· Ensure compliance to all PPE and GMP standards
· Follows all Beech-Nut operating principals, standards and Plant Rules.
· Participate in all local, state, and federal regulatory agency inspections.
Qualifications, Requirements and Competencies
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Beech-Nut Nutrition Company will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sec, national origin and veteran or disability status.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ year(s) of college degree a plus.
- 0 - 3 years’ experience in manufacturing, with increased responsibility for production processing, packaging, and maintenance. Lean experience a plus.
- Ability to be trained and work in a Lean Environment.
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office, SAP desired
- Participative employee style - advocates team concept
Beech-Nut Nutrition Corporation - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard