Johns Manville is currently searching for a talented Operations Leader/Manager who is seeking a new opportunity in a fast paced manufacturing environment. This challenging position located Waterville, OH will report to Waterville Complex manager and is a member of the Complex Leadership Team. This position will have overall responsibility for managing continuous and efficient utilization of the manufacturing resources of two fiberglass mat production units, and a chemical mixing operation.
This key position includes responsibility for supervision of salaried employees including process engineers and front line supervisors. This position is also responsible for up to 75 indirect reports in a multi-shift, 24/7 manufacturing environment, including chemical mixing, processing, packaging, curing , and off-line operations.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Supervises salaried and hourly employees in a multi-shift manufacturing environment, including processing, packaging, curing, and re-wind operations.
- Maintenance and improvement of positive employee environment.
- Support and compliance with all regulatory requirements including environmental and safety.
- Responsibility for production planning and scheduling and ensures production activities are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Supervision of the production equipment maintenance program including evaluation of predictive maintenance data, scheduling and conducting preventative maintenance activities
- Overseeing of quality assurance programs to meet company and customer quality standards including ISO, quality training, quality audits and supervising quality processes in each stage of the manufacturing and product packaging process.
- Management of operations within budget; assist in preparation of budgets and standards for cost measurement.
- Development and implementation of plans for new capital investment, cost reduction and equipment refurbishment; develop and administer material and labor usage controls; manage projects as required.
- Participation in development and implementation of plans to improve productivity, cost reduction and energy conservation.
- Work with Purchasing, Engineering and Warehousing departments in maintaining services for the plant.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our
Additional Consideration Given To Those With:
- BS Engineering required
- Minimum of 10 years of production experience
- Experience with a continious manufacturing environment
- Should have experience in direct supervision of production employees
- Exposure to manufacturing facilities maintenance, industrial engineering, shipping/receiving, safety, and quality
- Proven history of effective communication and colaboration with all levels and departments within the organization
- SAP experience is a definite plus.
- Experience running either a paper machine or a fiberglass mat machine
- Direct supervision of production employees, preferably in a union environment.
- Experience with a continous process discipline such as Six Sigma/Lean/TQM manufacturing
Johns Manville - 21 months ago
Johns Manville (JM), a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial...