Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 38,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
Pilgrim’s Pride is seeking a 2nd shift Production Superintendent for our Mt. Pleasant, TX Prepared Foods facility. This position will work in the Debone area.
This position directs the production supervisors in a single production department on multiple shifts or across several departments on a single shift to assure cost-effective, on-time manufacture of quality products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs production operations and personnel to meet established production and quality control standards, to control budget and costs, and to provide data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products produced.
- Establishes short-term activities directed toward production continuity and balance such as shift schedules, ensuring requisition of materials, machine loading, grievance resolution, and equipment maintenance.
- Coordinates and integrates with other plant function areas to ensure support in attaining output, productivity, and quality.
- Selects, organizes, trains, and motivates production labor force to ensure consistent attainment of production schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels.
- Recommends improvements in production flow or methods.
- Ensures effective use of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and to improve product quality.
- Counsel supervisors as needed on job performance and departmental efficiencies.
- Recommends modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Typically requires Bachelors Degree in a related field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory training experience preferred
- Experience with debone (and cone line) operations strongly preferred
- Knowledge of USDA regulations
- Strong diplomacy and communications skills
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.