Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in setting up and operating a variety of machines to repair and manufacture parts. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department/shift to include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the companys policies and applicable laws.
- Analyze work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs;
- Compute amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisition materials from storage area;
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assign duties;
- Plan flow of materials through department and develop physical layout of machines according to work orders;
- Interface with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met;
- Inspect and measure parts and products to verify conformance to specifications;
- Direct workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards;
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules;
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product;
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew;
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems;
- Maintain time and production records;
- Develop capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times;
- Estimate, requisition, and inspect materials;
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties;
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or at least six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. Must use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
S2- Mitsubishi Power Systems - 15 months ago