Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 38,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
Pilgrim's is seeking a 2nd shift Production Supervisor for our Mt. Pleasant, TX location. This position will work in Packing.
This position is responsible for assuring all procedures are followed in achieving the highest level or productivity in the most cost efficient manner possible while still maintaining the specification of the customer. Make sure all reporting requirements are met for area of supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains and provides an environment for employees to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance in their respective positions.
- Plans and schedules manpower, materials, product and machines to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental policies and procedures fairly and equitably to maintain standards established for safety, quality and overall company personnel satisfaction.
- Manages employee performance, providing positive and/or corrective feedback.
- Promotes department and company goodwill through pro-active employee communication and employee involvement.
- Investigates, in cooperation with other departments, areas of quality improvement, cost reduction, method improvement, yield control and equipment maintenance and provides suggestions.
- Promotes safety throughout area where crew is working.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; College Degree in related field preferred.
- 3 or more years of previous Supervisory experience.
- Poultry or food industry experience a plus.
- Previous leadership skills with 20 or more employees.
- Effective communication both orally and in writing.
- Capable of independent decision making.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
Pilgrim offers competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a pleasant work atmosphere and lots of room for advancement. Unless stated...