AccuGear is a division of AAM and is a world leader in the design, engineering, metal formed products of light trucks, sport utility vehicles, crossover vehicles and passenger cars. AccuGear focuses on precision operational excellence in quality, warrant, on-time product delivery and flawless launch support.
Key Elements of the Position:
- Develop daily staffing and production schedules to support customer requirements
- Identify and implement associate training requirements to appropriately meet production schedules.
- Manage associate schedules (vacation & overtime) to meet production requirements.
- Maintain production reports.
- Conduct daily start-up meetings to review safety, quality, and production metrics.
- Perform safety, quality, and production audits as scheduled.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement workshops.
- Comply with site health, safety and environmental policy.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package. For quickest consideration, we strongly urge you to use our online application. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3 to 5 years manufacturing experience.
- 2+ years supervising production staff preferred.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly define and achieve goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and motivate associates.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the manufacturing organization.
- Willingness to work across a 3 shift operation
- Willingness to work during the weekends
American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is GM's right-hand man for driveline systems and forged products. AAM manufactures axles, driveshafts,...