Position: Production Supervisor – Industrial Steel
Reports to: Production Manager
Location: Houston, TX 77064
A global leader in the manufacture of steel structures,
substations and related products used in electricity
transmission has an immediate opening for a Production
Supervisor at its manufacturing facility in Houston,
Texas. Reporting to the Production Manager at this
facility, the Production Supervisor is responsible for
supervising and coordinating the work of assigned
skilled personnel engaged in plant operations that
include the following activities: cutting, breaking,
tacking, long seaming, welding, hardware fabrication and
installation, finishing, loading and material handling.
The Production Supervisor has these general
· Overseeing and coordinating activities and personnel
of assigned department(s), in coordination with
Supervisors of other departments.
· Initiating, implementing, and encouraging the use of
lean manufacturing tools in areas supervised.
· Ensuring satisfactory quality and quantity of work for
· Controlling the flow of production, costs and hours,
establishing schedules, and writing necessary reports
· Working with all facility supervisors and HR/Safety
Manager in the preparation of instructions and training
of employees on safety, skills and quality.
· Ensuring fair and equitable treatment of all employees
under his/her supervision.
· Accounting for efficiency and productivity levels to
meet corporate objectives.
· Reporting to Production Manager on general progress of
daily production, shipments and areas of concern.
· Coordinating and communicating production priorities
and employee availability plans with other shift
· Maintaining adequate backlog in advance of operations
supervised to achieve quotas and smooth production flow.
· Working with Maintenance Department to coordinate
repair and maintenance in accordance with production
· Consulting with Quality Control Department and
Production Manager on a daily basis to ensure early
detection of probable areas of concern.
· Supervising the safe and efficient operation of all
units in the department under direction of the
Production Manager in accordance with departmental
objectives and operating plans.
· Ensuring that all employees comply with policies and
regulations according to safety, ISO, OSHA and any
applicable Company policies and procedures.
· 5-10 years manufacturing/production supervisory
· Strong proven manufacturing supervisory skills with
ability to train, instruct and motivate employees.
· Experience and knowledge of welding methods as
required by ASME, AWS, and API. CWS certification
· Solid production planning, scheduling, lean
manufacturing and continuous process improvement
· Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office
(Excel, Word, etc.)
· Associates degree or vocational training in
manufacturing technologies; bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Excellent organizational, verbal and written
Salary of $60,000 or higher depending on skills and
experience; full benefit package. Location candidates