At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren’t only the trees and timberlands we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we’ve been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the leaders in timberland management, and manufacturing and distribution of wood products in the world.
Weyerhaeuser Company is searching for a Production Shift Supervisor for our Zwolle Engineered Lumber Products (ELP) manufacturing facility located in Zwolle, Louisiana. Zwolle is located in northwest Louisiana near the Texas/Louisiana border.
This is a salaried (exempt) first-line supervisory position that is responsible for the safety, production, and quality goals of a production team in a veneer and plywood manufacturing facility. The Production Shift Supervisor provides direct leadership to a team of hourly employees. He/She must be committed to leading continuous improvement in safety, cost management, process improvement, plant scheduling, production flows, contingent staffing, and housekeeping.
- Responsible for providing daily leadership and oversight of hourly production employees in a veneer / plywood facility
- Ensure the safe and efficient execution of work
- Ensure proper job and safety rules are understood by team and followed
- Role model safe work practices and lead safety and other team meetings
- Ensure that appropriate incident investigation and follow-up takes place if safety incidents
- Project needs and balances labor resources to ensure continuous improvement in safety, quality, and production
- Set performance expectations for team that directly support mill goals
- Actively be involved in assigning work and evaluating job performance
- Support, coach, and provide timely feedback and direction to associates
- Participate in unit initiatives and other assignments as required
- Understand the process flow and provide solutions to issues
The following requirements are preferred:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of three (3) years key leadership experience in an industrial environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to understand and support the site vision, strategy, goals and targets
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify issues and effectively initiate corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Must have excellent interpersonal, team building, problem solving and written and verbal communication skills
- Must have track record of consistently demonstrating collaborative and inclusive leadership skills as well as positive influence and accomplishments in proactively influencing safety, quality, productivity and people development
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to continuously improve processes and eliminate unscheduled downtime
- Ability to plan, lead and execute day to day production activities
- Must be willing to work a rotating shift, which includes weekends and holidays as conditions require
- Must be computer literate with experience in Microsoft program suite
- Ability to meet the physical demands of working in a manufacturing environment, to include working in extreme temperatures
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce.
- College degree or Technical training in a related field
- Experience in wood products manufacturing
- Experience with LEAN processes
Monster - 18 months ago