Responsible for the supervision of operational activities in given manufacturing areas in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and standards to achieve established production schedules and desired quality levels.
This position will Report to the Assembly Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
- Supervises the activities and personnel engaged in manufacturing of products within their assigned department and shift.
- Interprets, applies, and/or enforces all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, labor contracts, and safety rules.
- Achieve departmental, plant, and corporate goals for safety, quality and productivity.
- Promote clean, safe work areas throughout the plant by continuously checking for hazardous conditions.
- Leading production employees in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintaining employee morale by portraying a positive image of the company.
- Develop, direct, and manage manufacturing personnel and train them to properly utilize all equipment and tools.
- Direct manufacturing personnel to maintain product quality and meet customers' requirements.
- Consistently administers company policies and practices regarding attendance, performance, etc.
- Communicates with employees on a regular basis.
- Expected to participate in activities such as training and safety programs in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the work area(s) involved.
- Maintains the technical and managerial skills required to effectively administer the production process.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be adaptable to change and have the ability/desire to make a difference.
- Solid math skills and measurements are essential.
- Ability to read a drawing.
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-6 years supervisory experience preferred in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of CNC computerized equipment.
- Experience in finishing/assembly of wood components.
- Knowledge of the cabinet industry.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE .... come home to MASTERBRAND.
- BS degree or AS degree in a technical or business related field.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It's our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. - 19 months ago
At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, then...