Qualifications & Responsibilities
This position supports, provides setup and testing of production job execution, automation, and scheduling for business critical areas including daily client file transfers and EDW production batch, and enterprise-wide reporting and analytics in a 24/7/365 environment. Manages assigned Change Control tickets and Trouble Tickets. Advanced abend support and troubleshooting for broad range of processing on UNIX, mainframe, Windows, database, network, and data security.
Essential Job Functions:
- Uses CA7/11 and other tools to track & improve Mainframe job execution, and IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler to track and improve distributed systems processes.
- Drives and investigates system issues for available space, Server Performance, and Query Response times, and file transmissions.
- Must exhibit and develop understanding of diverse execution platforms including UNIX, mainframe, Windows, database, network, and data security.
- Typically works in a single-associate night shift environment, placing a premium on clear decision making, experienced analysis, trustworthiness, communication skills, self-motivation, initiative, and reliability.
- Coordinates System Changes between UNIX System Administrator's and end users. Ensures changes are made at a time that will have the least amount of business impact to clients as possible.
- Handles setup and execution for data encryption and decryption. Requires knowledge of PGP software and PGP Key management.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience accepted
- 2 year minimum of Operations background with TWS, CA7, TSO, ISPF
- 3+ years knowledge of UNIX scripting and vi Editor
- Knowledge of C is preferred but not required
- Good working background of Excel, Word, Power point, & Access
Retail Pay Statement
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Retail Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
Let's face it; it's a brand loyal world we're living in, which is why Alliance Data Retail Services offers integrated private label and co-brand credit card programs enhanced by integrated marketing services. We manage over 90 credit programs for America's most recognized retailers, helping them sell more and improve customer loyalty.
About Alliance Data
Alliance Data Retail Services is one of the nation’s leading providers of branded credit card programs, with more than 130 marketing-driven private label, co-brand and commercial programs in partnership with many of North America’s best-known brands. The business delivers upon its Know more. Sell more. ® commitment by leveraging customer insight to drive sales for its client partners. Leveraging deep-rooted marketing expertise, transaction-based customer data, and advanced analytics, Alliance Data Retail Services creates turnkey, multichannel credit programs designed to help its clients develop stronger, more profitable customer relationships. Alliance Data Retail Services is part of the Alliance Data family of companies. To learn more about Alliance Data Retail Services, visit http://www.alliancedataretail.com/ .
Location: Columbus, OH, US
Job: Information Systems
Organization: Alliance Data - Retail
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 2014-08-22
Req ID: 0064092
- 10 months ago - save job