From concept-to-commercialization, Ryt-way provides ingenuity, flexibility, efficiency, and responsiveness to deliver value at every stage in the food packaging process. Ryt-way Industries is the one company that can deliver speed, precision, and performance from start to finish . Our goal is to save time, reduce materials, increase speed, and lower overall cost. We need employees that operate in good faith with a positive attitude and collaborative work style. It is essential that Ryt-way employees are committed to a safe and healthy work environment.
Learn more about us at Rytway.com/careers
The incumbent for the Support Area Leader position for all aspects of the production activity on his/her shift and on his/her assigned production lines.
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Support Area Leader has the accountability for supervising and leading blenders, sanitation and material handlers as well as temporary workers, modeling and contributing to a safe work environment, contributing to process improvements such as identification and communication of opportunity areas, meeting daily production goals and execution of planned improvements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Support Area Leader consist of but are not limited to:
- Supervise hourly plant personnel to ensure requirements of those positions are met.
- Coach and reinforce company safety policies and practices by maintaining accountability for reducing safety risks, safety documentation and investigations.
- Develop and maintain a positive, motivated work team
- Trains and orientates new/existing employees to ensure they understand their jobs and Ryt-way’s rules and regulations.
- To enforce company rules and regulations and take corrective action when needed.
- Accountable to setting examples/standards for housekeeping and food safety practices as well as following current procedure
- Accountable for coaching employees on working safely
- Responsible for reporting injuries accurately and in a timely fashion
- Notifying the Safety Coordinator of any known safety issues
- Demonstrate commitment to Safety by performing regular STOP Audits/Observations
- Verify we are providing adequate support to production lines in regard to sanitation, materials and blending.
- Effectively manage resources to ensure maximum up time, quality and maximum productivity but also effectively manage down time.
- Accurate and timely data input for Production, Time & Attendance, employee documentation, on-line forms and any other data as needed.
- Perform all other duties as requested by Team Leader or Plant Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· College Degree in food science, agriculture, production, economics or similar preferred.
· A working knowledge of good manufacturing practices, production equipment, policies and procedures, safety, and quality control standards preferred
· Food industry experience preferred
· Manufacturing experience required.
· Proven leadership ability is required.
· Interpersonal skills and ability to supervise people are a must.
· The candidate must possess strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multitask.
· The candidate must have ability to be flexible/manage change and work well under pressure.
· Ability to assess and manage performance of direct reports, provide coaching and feedback.
· Candidate must demonstrate integrity and dedication have a positive work attitude and strong work ethic.
· Proficient computer skills
Ryt-way’s number one priority is keeping our employees and visitors safe. Therefore all employees are required to:
· Follow all current and future safety policies, at all times
· Participate in all safety training and pass written exams
· Wear safety glasses, hair net, ear protection and smock at all times while in the production/warehouse area of the plant
· Report all accident/incidents immediately to the proper person
· Provide post-accident drug screen
NOTE: In terms of a 12 hour workday, “Occasionally” equals 1% to 33%; “Frequently” equals 34% to 66%, and “Continuously” equals 67% to 100% of the time. In a 12 hour workday the job holder should be able to
· Continuously stand and walk.
· Occasionally bend/stoop, squat, twist, push/pull, kneel and crouch.
· Occasionally reach above shoulder level.
· Occasionally climb to a height of approximately ten (10) feet.
· Occasionally carry/lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
· Occasionally use his/her legs, arms, and shoulders to push/pull items.
· Occasionally use his/her head and neck in flexing and rotating.
· Continuously be around moving machinery.
· Occasionally operate a forklift and/or powered pallet jack.
· Continuously be in factory and/or warehouse working conditions.
· Frequently be in dusty conditions and be exposed to cleaning solvents, lubricants
This position is exempt making it ineligible for overtime.
Hearthside Food Solutions
- 2 years ago - save job