This role is responsible for assigning work and training production personnel, assisting with process improvements, and ensuring quality, safety, and productivity goals are met.
- Supervise plant personnel in various departments including coil receiving, slitting, paint, profiling, welding, metal-point, and assembly.
- Train personnel in machine set-up and safe operation.
- Assure that machine set-ups are correct and production meets quality and traceability requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of improvements to manufacturing processes to increase productivity, efficiency, quality, safety, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure associates operate in a safe, orderly, and clean environment.
- Prepare reports related to production, shipments, inventory, etc. from AS/400, generating aforementioned reports to MS Excel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong character with the proven ability to lead by example
- Experience in and knowledge of steel manufacturing and material flow preferred
- Solid understanding of safe work practices and OSHA.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and e-mail.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish or English preferred. Bilingual is not required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work in hot and cold plant conditions