Production Worker - Hope Network Industries (HNI)
Working Title: Production Worker - HNI
Position Number 1730
Reports To: Production Manager
FLSA Hourly Non-Exempt
No Benefits Entitlement
The Production Worker position is responsible for performing production work to meet daily production goals. The goal of this position is to produce quality product, at quoted price, according to schedule.
Summary of Position
Perform production work ensuring quality, efficiency, and on-time completion.
1. Perform production work as assigned across Hope Network Industries (HNI) job sites,
becoming proficient on multiple production lines and tasks.
2. Perform unsubsidized production work after initial training period.
3. Consistently meet established production rates and goals.
4. Work successfully with others to create a positive team and work environment.
5. Know and implement ISO procedures as applied to this position.
6. Follow all health and safety policies and procedures.
7. Complete production paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
8. Maintain acceptable attendance in accordance with employee handbook.
9. Assist with plant and building cleanup as necessary.
Able to develop and maintain good rapport with consumers and other staff members.
Able to communicate in verbal and written formats to meet position responsibilities.
Able to work cooperatively as part of a team for the accomplishment of the department and agency mission and goals.
Demonstrated ability to successfully read and complete employment application paperwork without assistance.
Ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, stoop and reach repeatedly over the course of an 8-12 hour work-day.
Physical ability to lift 50 pounds.
Manual dexterity sufficient to efficiently and quickly pick up a variety of sizes, weights, and quantities of varying products.Must have had a sucessful work experience at HNI. Posses a good attitude, good attendance, be flexible, and a productive team leader.
Education preferred: GED or HS diploma
The primary work environment is a production plant where light industrial work is performed. Production sites are generally not climate controlled and there may be times when the work area may reach temperatures upward of 80 degrees. Generally, moderate noise level. Work environment typically requires standing / walking for duration of the shift.
• Consistently punches in / out on time clock system appropriately.
• Completes production paperwork and/or production boards with accurate and timely information
• Employee will arrive on time and meet agency standards for attendance.
• Employee will have ability to actively support and articulate the mission of Hope Network West Michigan to various audiences.
• Employee will adhere to the requirements of P.L. 104-191 (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) and the standards issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and HNWM Policy and Procedures.
• PHI Classification: None.
Staff training and development
• Employee will attend staff meetings as scheduled.
• Employee will participate in training sessions as assigned.
Perform other duties as assigned for the good of consumers, other employees, the department and the agency.
Hand-eye coordination, ability to keep up with production lines and work as a team.
Candidates only with HNI work experience (either thru Manpower or the WFD trainee program)